Our dog is very sick.

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Our dog is very sick.

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I'm saddened to learn of your loss of Angel. Our pets are part of the family and dear to us. May the Lord comfort you and your family during this time of grief.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TPK

Post by TPK »

Thanks guys! ::handshake:: I appreciate it! ::tu::

I may be strange but I bought a Winchester knife to tryin cheer myself up a little. I thought that might help. ::hmm:: Didn't really help much though. ::facepalm:: I'm still very sad. ::tear:: It was worth a try. ::shrug::
I'll make it an "In memory of Angle EDC" to remember her by whenever I carry it. ::hmm::

Need to get ready for bed soon so I'll say goodnight friends. ::handshake::

Take Care & Stay Safe everyone,
YF,
Tom

Here's my "In Memory of Angle" knife. ::facepalm::
Attachments
s-l1600 (69).jpg
s-l1600 (67).jpg
s-l1600 (66).jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Sorry to hear of your loss Tom. Prayers for you and your family.
Bill
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Father, bless Tom with Your peace and comfort. For Your glory in Jesus's name. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Tom, There is much to learn from our beloved pets. I just read through some of the last posts and I know you can sense the heart felt comments that have come your way from some mighty fine folks here on AAPK.
We have always had pets and animals in our family's life. They have helped us to understand God's creation in ways that some folks maybe never see. As you said, Angel was born and died in your house, the center of attention. These type of experiences help families to understand better God's plan for each of us, eventually. Sometimes death comes tragically to a pet, a dog get hit by a car or bit by a snake. Lessons learned by the whole family while grieving, caution, safety, protection, the list could go on. Sometimes death comes at the end of a well lived life, not a surprise or shock to anyone involved, sometimes these deaths are a blessing to us not having to see maybe the pain and suffering that maybe associated with older dogs and for that matter older people. Gives us time to reflect, what if it was me in this condition, am I ready to meet my maker?
In my almost 3/4 century I have said goodbye to a lot of dogs and horses over the years. It never gets easy but I learned some things and when our children came along, they also learned some of the issues of life from their pets. We learned things from the lives of our beloved pets to help us explain birth, life, death and everything in between. These vivid facts combined with scriptural teachings seemed to prepare our children to better face tough times that come their way from time to time. Our being able to discuss these vivid facts has also helped us as adults to see God's hand in our lives and the lives of our loved ones, be they humans or 4 footed friends.
God bless the DeVore's through a sad time.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Tom my heart goes out to you and your family at this sad time. May God grant you all comfort and peace as you mourn the loss of your beloved dog. I want to commend you all for the love and caring you have poured out as you aided her through this illness. It takes a loving heart to do all that has been done. I too understand your sense of loss as I've been down that sad road myself several times. It's not easy but it's the price we pay for all the love and devotion a dog bestows upon us.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Amen to what everyone has said, and adding my voice to the comfort and prayers for you and your whole family Tom. It's hard when are pets go on, but the memories will be with us forever.
God's peace.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Godspeed Tom & Sylvia ::pray::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Tom, went thru this 2 weeks ago,like everyone’s said here ,hang in there brother ,prayers for you today.
Sincerely JP
JP
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

So sad to read this, Tom. But at church yesterday, as you saw, we had Bluegrass music. Hopefully it lifted her up. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments. I appreciate it friends. ::handshake::

We buried her in front of our house this evening when I got home from work. We put some roses in the ground with her & I placed a nice stone at the head of the grave. The girls are going to plant some flowers in an old metal wash tub to put on top of her.

::pray:: R.I.P. Angle ::pray::

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Tom, it’s not easy to take part in this, we lost two dogs last year and that still brings me to tears. The folks here are the best, they really understand how precious our pets are to us. I can tell you one thing, after losing two dogs so close together, it makes me stop and think about how precious every moment is that I have with those that I love. I don’t take those relationships or our other animals for granted anymore. It’s also made me a lot more tenderhearted. I know there are lessons to be learned through every hard time we go through. God provides the grace for us to make it, Jehovah Jireh.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I lost a couple of dogs, one was 11 and one was 13, I had to go on antidepression meds for awhile over them. I really feel for people who lose pets. Things will get better but it will take time. God bless our pets
TPK

Post by TPK »

Thanks for your comments Mark & Samb & all the others above. ::handshake::

It'll take us a week or two to get used to her not being here. Not going with us for walks ect. Something is just "missing" but that's how it goes with pets & we know that from day one that day "X" is coming but who wants to think about it when they are young & soooo cute. ::nod::
The 11 years of love & companionship overweighs the pain of loss we are feeling now. If it were not that way, most of us would only ever have one pet I guess.

Off to work. ::doh:: ::facepalm::

carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.............I know what you are going thru, tom, we have 17 graves in the back yard, 55 years worth, and we still have a dog and cat left that are getting old, like us. it seems to get harder every time we bury one............
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Tom my friend-- you and Angel and the rest of your family are in my prayers brother! Message me if you need to talk buddy..
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
TPK

Post by TPK »

Stanwade wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:11 pm Tom my friend-- you and Angel and the rest of your family are in my prayers brother! Message me if you need to talk buddy..
::tu::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Just came across this thread Tom, my heart and prayers go out to Angel, you, and your family. ::pray::
8)
TPK

Post by TPK »

Thank you! ::handshake::

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”