Fellow Americans

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Fellow Americans

Post by dlr110 »

All families will suffer tragedy at sometime. But right now we have many fellow Americans in Tennessee that are suffering and in need of a helping hand and our prayers.

Father it is my prayer that physical, emotional and spiritual help and comfort will come to our friends, family and countrymen in Tennessee.

Father I ask that Your hand would be on them and that Your will be done. May You be glorified in all things, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. ::pray::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Fellow Americans

Post by orvet »

Well prayed David!

Lord, I agree with David and say "yes" and "amen" to his prayer. Although this is a tragedy we ask that that by your Almighty Power that You bring blessing from what we can only see as a most terrible event.

In the name of Your Son Jesus we ask this,
Amen
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

David, Amen! But if I might add one thing, our KY Wing of the Civil Air Patrol is on standby to assist during this tragedy. My oldest (14) just got certified as an MRO (Mission Radio Operador) do if they’re called up, he’ll go on his first mission.

Please keep the first responders and the various groups assisting with the search and rescue (and my boy), etc... in your prayers as well.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Amen to this prayer. May Jesus be glorified through this tragedy, and may His Name be uplifted during our pain.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Amen to all already said.
Lord Jesus, please hear and answer the cries of our prayers for Your people in TN.
For Your glory, in Jesus's name. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Amen and amen. ::pray::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Amen to this prayer
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I do pray for those, the living and dead, affected by this tragedy. Lord, no matter how much darkness such disasters provoke, grant us the grace never to waiver in our trust and hope in You.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

....prayers sent!!!..this happens too often in Mississippi too!!!......... ::pray:: ...................
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.......in march,1936, year before I was born, tupelo had the third worst tornado in u. s. history-EF 5,over 230 deaths, and the next day it hit gainsville, ga. with about the same results....... ::td:: ....................
schradefan27

Post by schradefan27 »

Gretchen Peters on the damage in Music City - I have relatives in Brentwood and say Amen to the above^

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... le/607501/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Prayers going out. ::pray:: Such devastation.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Well I'm praying also and as a native Tennessean, I appreciate the the thoughts and prayers of my buddies here on AAPK. Luckily our friends and family was unaffected by the direct path of the storm several had loss of electricity and lost food stuff in their freezers and such. Putnam county was hit by a f-4 and is devastated for several miles, luckily Tn. Tech college and my grandson's off campus house and fraternity house was spared as it lifted just prior to hitting them, thank the Lord. They rode it out in the basement but was unaffected except for debris on their property. The fraternity is helping the affected communities. May God bless all affected areas get through this trying time. ::pray::
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

bighomer wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:42 pm Well I'm praying also and as a native Tennessean, I appreciate the the thoughts and prayers of my buddies here on AAPK. Luckily our friends and family was unaffected by the direct path of the storm several had loss of electricity and lost food stuff in their freezers and such. Putnam county was hit by a f-4 and is devastated for several miles, luckily Tn. Tech college and my grandson's off campus house and fraternity house was spared as it lifted just prior to hitting them, thank the Lord. They rode it out in the basement but was unaffected except for debris on their property. The fraternity is helping the affected communities. May God bless all affected areas get through this trying time. ::pray::
Glad to hear you fared well, bighomer.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Thanks Steve, I'm about 20 miles north of the affected area in Nashville. I've family and friends much closer. I got to see a small portion of the damage Friday as I had a drs.app. the path was just a matter of feet North of Summit hospital and my drs. building. They were still on backup generators at that time. Amazing damage. ::handshake::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Glad to hear that Big H! We have friends down close to Putnam Co. They live in Smithville now, but even the wife contacted them they said their old house is gone. It was bad stuff. Thank the Lord your grandson is OK!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Sending prayers up from Canada ::pray:: ::pray:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”