A Friend that just “get’s it”

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

A Friend that just “get’s it”

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I have been blessed in every church that I pastored, with the exception of one church, to have had a special lady in the church that really got what being a Christian is all about. These women were the one you could turn to for advice. The one that was always in your corner and had your back. Sunday’s, when she wasn’t there, just felt completely off in the service. In the first church it was Wilma and Wilma was like a mother to me and treated me like a son. the next one had so many problems there never was a woman or anyone in my corner. But the next church had Tami. Tami is just an amazing woman. She endured years of abuse from her husband who drank, smoked and had multiple affairs. But Tami hung in there praying for him and doing her best to be a Christian presence in her home for their kids and hopefully to reach her husband. Tami was my big sister that I could talk to about anything and if I needed help w/ anything she was right there. And I was right there for her as well.
One Saturday night I got a call from her drunken husband who pleaded w/ me to come over and take care of his family. He was drunk and had slapped the kids around, punched Tami in the face, threw objects across the room damaged walls and left the home in a shambles. I drove over to Tami’s, it was around 10:30 that night and checked on Tami to see if she was alright and if I should call the police. But she didn’t want me to, everyone was fine. So when I left I pulled into the “Crossroads Inn” that he was likely to be in there drinking. And I was right. I sat down w/ Wayde and talked to him there in the bar. Before long he started threatening me. The longer we talked the more he threatened. But God sent an angel to protect me. A giant man who must have been all of 6”5’ tall and weighing in at 250 or more shoved Wayde over in this booth and sat down and pointed his finger at him and said “you aren’t beating anyone up tonight, you are going to shut your mouth and listen to what this man of God has to say”
That was 30 years ago when I pastored that church. I think of this story when I think of Tami, because I know what she suffered. She didn’t believe in divorce or quitting. She took her marriage vows seriously. She endured this marriage for 42 years. Until last Saturday. They found Wayde dead in his semi truck in Huston Texas
Now here is the amazing part. I asked Tami this week what could I do for her at this time in her life, anything. This is what she said: “ I have had 7 friends in the last 2 years that have lost their husbands. They all are either bitter, grieving or angry w/ God. “. She said in tears : Please pray for me that I can handle this the way the Lord wants me to and so I can be a witness to those who have gone through the same loss that I am.”
Folks, I pray that every pastor is fortunate enough to have a Tami or Wilma, Barb or Melissa in their corner. A true life living saint that understands what God’s kingdom is all about and is there to help you do your part
Please pray w/ me that Tami will know how to handle the emotions, the grief, the loneliness and how to show the love of Christ to others through out her circle of friends please. Thank you.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Steve Warden

Re: A Friend that just “get’s it”

Post by Steve Warden »

Father, bless Tami with the comfort of Your peace and the wonder of Your wisdom. Bless her and use her to bring glory to You, as is her desire. In Jesus's name. Amen.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Log Cabin Knives

Post by Log Cabin Knives »

God Bless Tami and you too Mark. ::pray::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Father we often don't understand why you allow what we see as injustices to happen to good and innocent people. But Lord You are sovereign over all that is, on earth, in heaven, in the temporal realm and You are Sovereign over the eternal where time does not exist. You are also Sovereign over men and angels over the devil in his dominion. You Oh God are all powerful, all knowing, all seeing and You are Love!
Your thoughts are higher than our thoughts, Your ways are higher than our ways. One thing I know is that You Lord are Good, You are Light and Life, away from You is only death and darkness, and yet Lord, NOTHING escapes your attention, no small slight, no minor injustice, no unkind word, You see and hear every one of them and You will comfort you child either on earth or in heaven. Revelation says you will wipe all the years from the face of your children.

I ask Lord that you will now wipe the tears from Tami's face, full her heart with love and compassion for the widows she wishes to help. Give her Supernatural peace and understanding. Please give her your supernatural comfort and love.
I ask this in the Victorious name of Jesus,
Amen
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Mark thank you for sharing this story. I pray that God will comfort Tami and her family and pray for His mercies and grace for her and Wayde.

He keeps sending us angels. They are around us always, and sometimes in what we think are the most unlikely of places. If we just look.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Thank you all. Your prayers are deeply appreciated.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Prayers sent. ::pray::
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Mark, rest assured Tami's story has just touched many other lives, once again. Thanks for sharing. Prayers for her and her family.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Praying for her. The fact that she asked for prayer means that she is seeking Him. It will be tough, but I believe that she will be strong in the Lord.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Prayers sent on up for all those wonderful ladies, and you Mark ::pray:: ::pray:: .
Willy :D
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”