Thank you Father!

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
TPK

Thank you Father!

Post by TPK »

Hey everyone,

Sorry I don't visit this part of the AAPK as often as I should. ::paranoid:: :mrgreen:

But I stopped in here today just to give thanks where thanks is due. Without going into greater detail because that would take too long, I'll give you guys the super compact version.

When I can home from work on wednesday my wife confronted me with a large (maybe $5,000 or more) financial problem brought to us in the form of a building project the town council thought we needed to do on our barn because they are building a playground next to it. :| ::hmm::

As fate would have it, on my way to work thursday morning, I happen to see the man from the town council who had brought me this problem, walking to work. ::hmm:: So I stopped my car and we had a little chit chat. I explained to him that I had already taken out 2 small loans to repair & do things on the barn that they had wanted me to do and that a third small loan within 2 years was Not really working for me. We talked for about 15 min. & parted friendly but on different sheets of music so to speak.

At work, my thoughts circled around this financial problem for the first 20 - 30min. ::hmm:: Then, inside my mind, I just turned it over to my father. I said, or thought, I need a fast answer to this that I can afford. It's your's now. ::pray:: And then I just let it go and actually forgot about. Which I normally can't do. ::shrug::

As fate would have it, on my way home from work, I see the same guy walking home from work. ::shrug:: He motioned for me to stop. ::shrug:: He informed me that they are working on the answer. As of now, the plan is that they are going to take over most of the costs for the work & materials. I may have to pay some amount back to them, but in small payments. I am hoping the Lord will continue to intervene on my behalf & that all costs will be taken care of. ::nod:: ::tu::

I just wanted to say Thank you Father for your help! ::handshake:: :)
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Steve Warden

Re: Thank you Father!

Post by Steve Warden »

Amen! Great news to hear Tom!!
May the Lord continue to bless you and your finances.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

That sounds great!
Praise the Lord!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

It's amazing when we "Let go and let God"! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Amen
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Wonderful news!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

God bless, Tom.
Joe
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I am always amazed when I let God handle those things that I have no power to do myself.
I will pray Tom that God will reveal His solution to you and all will be taken care of.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

You have a very considerate and caring Town Council. I bet it is a great community.
kj

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”