Todays scripture...

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
WillyCamaro

Re: Todays scripture...

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 19:1-2
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge

AMEN!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

AMEN!

A beautiful scripture!!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Amen brother, that it tis.

Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Proverbs 23:24
The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 103:13
Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Philippians 3:20
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Amen
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 68:4-5
Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him. A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

AMEN!
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Beautiful scripture!!

Amen!
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Amen.
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Amen!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

WillyCamaro wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:54 am Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Amen.
I've always loved, and have been encouraged, by the word "power" when associated with the Holy Spirit and His work in me.
In the Greek, the word is dynamis, pronounced doo' nam is. It's where we get our word "dynamite" and "dynamic".
EXPLOSIVE DYNAMIC POWER!!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Steve Warden wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:31 pm

Amen.
I've always loved, and have been encouraged, by the word "power" when associated with the Holy Spirit and His work in me.
In the Greek, the word is dynamis, pronounced doo' nam is. It's where we get our word "dynamite" and "dynamic".

That is great Steve.
I always love to dig deeper into the meaning of the words used in the Bible. Some of the guys I watch on Sunday morning on TV take the words from the Greek and Hebrew and give the DEEPER meaning of the word.
That is truly cool.....
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:42 pm

Amen.

That is great Steve.
I always love to dig deeper into the meaning of the words used in the Bible. Some of the guys I watch on Sunday morning on TV take the words from the Greek and Hebrew and give the DEEPER meaning of the word.
That is truly cool.....
While I prefer hard copy books, I'm starting to us on-line tools, such as https://www.blueletterbible.org/ for digging deeper into meaning and www.biblegateway.com more as a concordance.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Steve Warden wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:13 pm
While I prefer hard copy books, I'm starting to us on-line tools, such as https://www.blueletterbible.org/ for digging deeper into meaning and www.biblegateway.com more as a concordance.
Thanks for those resources Steve.
I use Biblegateway regularly because you can see other translations quickly and easily, but I am going to give Blueletterbible a look.

BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:20 pm
I use Biblegateway regularly because you can see other translations quickly and easily, but I am going to give Blueletterbible a look.

I haven’t used those but I’ll give them a try as well. I usually use http://biblehub.com/
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:42 pm

Amen.

That is great Steve.
That is truly cool.....
Dang brothers, talk about growing the meaning of God's EXPLOSIVE DYNAMIC POWER!!!, for me.
::groove::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

BFORSE wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:06 pm
Meridian_Mike wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:20 pm

I haven’t used those but I’ll give them a try as well. I usually use http://biblehub.com/
Good stuff mates, BG is where i'm getting the daily verses from. Most excellent resources. ::tu::
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:40 am
Dang brothers, talk about growing the meaning of God's EXPLOSIVE DYNAMIC POWER!!!, for me.
That is what God's children should be doing for each other.
We are happy to be able to help Brother!
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:20 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:40 am
That is what God's children should be doing for each other.
We are happy to be able to help Brother!
You got it mate!
Paul chastises us, for quarrelling over the small things; all while we should be helping each other in the walk.

Get back to the Word folks! Enough with the gmo, sabbath; oh, you don't go to are church (building)... In the end, all that matters is the Truth, the Gospel, the Word of God.
Don't blow up, and let the small things divide the body.

I sure do hate it when verses are taken out of context, everybody gets confused.
:x

::handshake::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 121:7-8
The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Such a beautiful scripture, one of my favorites...
::pray:: ::groove:: ::ds::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 91:1
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
Winston Churchill

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

WillyCamaro wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:13 pm 2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
I saw that one on Biblegateway.com earlier today.
I'm praying about basing this Sunday's message around it.
Such encouragement.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”