Todays scripture...

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
WillyCamaro

Re: Todays scripture...

Post by WillyCamaro »

TPK wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:01 pm
Steve Warden wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:50 pm
TPK wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:48 pm

Oh, I like this one. ::nod:: :D

Didn't get yesterdays. ::hmm:: ::shrug:: :mrgreen:
see below
WillyCamaro wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:20 pm Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
Tom, please no bad language here. We are talking about the Word of God.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
TPK

Post by TPK »

::tu:: My bad & sorry I asked. Over & out. ::handshake::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

TPK wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:12 pm ::tu:: My bad & sorry I asked. Over & out. ::handshake::
::tu::
No problem mate, it's just a good idea to always come to God's word, in a sober n' thoughtful state of mind. Because we are talking about are creator, sustainer, savior, and father.
:D
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

This applies as much today, as it did in the first century, the dark ages, the Reformation, WWII.

Ephesians 6:12-13
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

YES!!!

Very true!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Mark 9:35
And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Ephesians 4:2
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Winston Churchill

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

WillyCamaro wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:08 pm Ephesians 4:2
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Good one Willy! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank you Dale, ::tu::

Build on said previous scripture and commentary, Mr. Spurgeon is right on the money.

"The Lord our Righteousness."
Jeremiah 23:6

It will always give a Christian the greatest calm, quiet, ease, and peace, to think of the perfect righteousness of Christ. How often are the saints of God downcast and sad! I do not think they ought to be. I do not think they would if they could always see their perfection in Christ. There are some who are always talking about corruption, and the depravity of the heart, and the innate evil of the soul. This is quite true, but why not go a little further, and remember that we are "perfect in Christ Jesus." It is no wonder that those who are dwelling upon their own corruption should wear such downcast looks; but surely if we call to mind that "Christ is made unto us righteousness," we shall be of good cheer. What though distresses afflict me, though Satan assault me, though there may be many things to be experienced before I get to heaven, those are done for me in the covenant of divine grace; there is nothing wanting in my Lord, Christ hath done it all. On the cross he said, "It is finished!" and if it be finished, then am I complete in him, and can rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory, "Not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith." You will not find on this side heaven a holier people than those who receive into their hearts the doctrine of Christ's righteousness. When the believer says, "I live on Christ alone; I rest on him solely for salvation; and I believe that, however unworthy, I am still saved in Jesus;" then there rises up as a motive of gratitude this thought--"Shall I not live to Christ? Shall I not love him and serve him, seeing that I am saved by his merits?" "The love of Christ constraineth us," "that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves but unto him which died for them." If saved by imputed righteousness, we shall greatly value imparted righteousness.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Amen!

Psalm 86:5
For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
Winston Churchill

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Awesome excerpt from Chs. Spurgeon, Willy!
It fits nicely with today's scripture. ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

orvet wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:26 pm Awesome excerpt from Chs. Spurgeon, Willy!
It fits nicely with today's scripture. ::tu::
I agree!!

Very good!

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank you gents, I whole-heart-id-ly agree.

"They shall sing in the ways of the Lord."
Psalm 138:5

The time when Christians begin to sing in the ways of the Lord is when they first lose their burden at the foot of the Cross. Not even the songs of the angels seem so sweet as the first song of rapture which gushes from the inmost soul of the forgiven child of God. You know how John Bunyan describes it. He says when poor Pilgrim lost his burden at the Cross, he gave three great leaps, and went on his way singing--

"Blest Cross! blest Sepulchre! blest rather be

The Man that there was put to shame for me!"

Believer, do you recollect the day when your fetters fell off? Do you remember the place when Jesus met you, and said, "I have loved thee with an everlasting love; I have blotted out as a cloud thy transgressions, and as a thick cloud thy sins; they shall not be mentioned against thee any more forever." Oh! what a sweet season is that when Jesus takes away the pain of sin. When the Lord first pardoned my sin, I was so joyous that I could scarce refrain from dancing. I thought on my road home from the house where I had been set at liberty, that I must tell the stones in the street the story of my deliverance. So full was my soul of joy, that I wanted to tell every snow-flake that was falling from heaven of the wondrous love of Jesus, who had blotted out the sins of one of the chief of rebels. But it is not only at the commencement of the Christian life that believers have reason for song; as long as they live they discover cause to sing in the ways of the Lord, and their experience of his constant lovingkindness leads them to say, "I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." See to it, brother, that thou magnifiest the Lord this day.

"Long as we tread this desert land,

New mercies shall new songs demand."

A-men!
::ds::
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Good stuff Willy!

I like these.... keep 'em coming!

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:34 pm Good stuff Willy!

I like these.... keep 'em coming!

::handshake::

Deuteronomy 6:4-5
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Winston Churchill

wlf

Post by wlf »

One of my favorites:
1John3:14. “We know that we have passed from death onto life, because we love the brethren”
and always this:
Matthew 22:39
“ Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself”
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

wlf wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:00 pm One of my favorites:
1John3:14. “We know that we have passed from death onto life, because we love the brethren”
and always this:
Matthew 22:39
“ Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself”
Amen!
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 59:16
But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.

Amen!
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 33:4-5
For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in truth. He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 18:1-2
I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Proverbs 21:21
He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.
Winston Churchill

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::handshake::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 97:10
Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
Winston Churchill

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”