Todays scripture...

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
WillyCamaro

Re: Todays scripture...

Post by WillyCamaro »

"Looking unto Jesus."
Hebrews 12:2

It is ever the Holy Spirit's work to turn our eyes away from self to Jesus; but Satan's work is just the opposite of this, for he is constantly trying to make us regard ourselves instead of Christ. He insinuates, "Your sins are too great for pardon; you have no faith; you do not repent enough; you will never be able to continue to the end; you have not the joy of his children; you have such a wavering hold of Jesus." All these are thoughts about self, and we shall never find comfort or assurance by looking within. But the Holy Spirit turns our eyes entirely away from self: he tells us that we are nothing, but that "Christ is all in all." Remember, therefore, it is not thy hold of Christ that saves thee--it is Christ; it is not thy joy in Christ that saves thee--it is Christ; it is not even faith in Christ, though that be the instrument--it is Christ's blood and merits; therefore, look not so much to thy hand with which thou art grasping Christ, as to Christ; look not to thy hope, but to Jesus, the source of thy hope; look not to thy faith, but to Jesus, the author and finisher of thy faith. We shall never find happiness by looking at our prayers, our doings, or our feelings; it is what Jesus is, not what we are, that gives rest to the soul. If we would at once overcome Satan and have peace with God, it must be by "looking unto Jesus." Keep thine eye simply on him; let his death, his sufferings, his merits, his glories, his intercession, be fresh upon thy mind; when thou wakest in the morning look to him; when thou liest down at night look to him. Oh! let not thy hopes or fears come between thee and Jesus; follow hard after him, and he will never fail thee.

"My hope is built on nothing less

Than Jesus' blood and righteousness:

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,

But wholly lean on Jesus' name."
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

It's my pleasure brother Mike.
I'm just super glad Mr. Spurgeon writings are as lifing to you, as they have been to me... ::super_happy::
God bless brother.
::handshake::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

WillyCamaro wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:17 pm
I'm just super glad Mr. Spurgeon writings are as lifing to you, as they have been to me... ::super_happy::
God bless brother.
And thanks for that Charles Spurgeon devotion you posted above.
His devotions are so very uplifting.
I am REALLY enjoying Charles Spurgeon's writings you are posting!

In light of what is happening in America and all over the world, that shows us where our hope lies.
In Jesus!

Amen
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:27 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:17 pm
God bless brother.
And thanks for that Charles Spurgeon devotion you posted above.
His devotions are so very uplifting.
I am REALLY enjoying Charles Spurgeon's writings you are posting!

In light of what is happening in America and all over the world, that shows us where our hope lies.
In Jesus!

Amen
::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::

::tu:: ::handshake::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

"Them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."
1 Thessalonians 4:14

Let us not imagine that the soul sleeps in insensibility. "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise," is the whisper of Christ to every dying saint. They "sleep in Jesus," but their souls are before the throne of God, praising him day and night in his temple, singing hallelujahs to him who washed them from their sins in his blood. The body sleeps in its lonely bed of earth, beneath the coverlet of grass. But what is this sleep? The idea connected with sleep is "rest," and that is the thought which the Spirit of God would convey to us. Sleep makes each night a Sabbath for the day. Sleep shuts fast the door of the soul, and bids all intruders tarry for a while, that the life within may enter its summer garden of ease. The toil-worn believer quietly sleeps, as does the weary child when it slumbers on its mother's breast. Oh! happy they who die in the Lord; they rest from their labours, and their works do follow them. Their quiet repose shall never be broken until God shall rouse them to give them their full reward. Guarded by angel watchers, curtained by eternal mysteries, they sleep on, the inheritors of glory, till the fulness of time shall bring the fulness of redemption. What an awaking shall be theirs! They were laid in their last resting place, weary and worn, but such they shall not rise. They went to their rest with the furrowed brow, and the wasted features, but they wake up in beauty and glory. The shrivelled seed, so destitute of form and comeliness, rises from the dust a beauteous flower. The winter of the grave gives way to the spring of redemption and the summer of glory. Blessed is death, since it, through the divine power, disrobes us of this work-day garment, to clothe us with the wedding garment of incorruption. Blessed are those who "sleep in Jesus."

Charles Spurgeon
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 138:8
The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

AMEN!!
TPK

Post by TPK »

::hmm::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

TPK wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:34 pm::hmm::
Whatcha ponderin', Tom?
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Anything I can help you with Tom?

That's what I'm here for... ::tu::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them."
John 17:22

Behold the superlative liberality of the Lord Jesus, for he hath given us his all. Although a tithe of his possessions would have made a universe of angels rich beyond all thought, yet was he not content until he had given us all that he had. It would have been surprising grace if he had allowed us to eat the crumbs of his bounty beneath the table of his mercy; but he will do nothing by halves, he makes us sit with him and share the feast. Had he given us some small pension from his royal coffers, we should have had cause to love him eternally; but no, he will have his bride as rich as himself, and he will not have a glory or a grace in which she shall not share. He has not been content with less than making us joint-heirs with himself, so that we might have equal possessions. He has emptied all his estate into the coffers of the Church, and hath all things common with his redeemed. There is not one room in his house the key of which he will withhold from his people. He gives them full liberty to take all that he hath to be their own; he loves them to make free with his treasure, and appropriate as much as they can possibly carry. The boundless fulness of his all-sufficiency is as free to the believer as the air he breathes. Christ hath put the flagon of his love and grace to the believer's lip, and bidden him drink on forever; for could he drain it, he is welcome to do so, and as he cannot exhaust it, he is bidden to drink abundantly, for it is all his own. What truer proof of fellowship can heaven or earth afford?

"When I stand before the throne

Dressed in beauty not my own;

When I see thee as thou art,

Love thee with unsinning heart;

Then, Lord, shall I fully know--

Not till then--how much I owe."

Charles Spurgeon
Winston Churchill

TPK

Post by TPK »

WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:00 pm

Steve Warden wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:21 pm
Whatcha ponderin', Tom?
Thanks guys! ::handshake::
Nothing I wish to post openly. But thanks anyways! ::tu::

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

TPK wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:26 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:00 pm

Steve Warden wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:21 pm
Whatcha ponderin', Tom?
Thanks guys! ::handshake::
Nothing I wish to post openly. But thanks anyways! ::tu::
I understand mate, not a problem. ::tu::

Remember, we're just a pm/email away, if you ever need to discuss anything.
Winston Churchill

TPK

Post by TPK »

::tu::

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

"In summer and in winter shall it be."
Zechariah 14:8

The streams of living water which flow from Jerusalem are not dried up by the parching heats of sultry midsummer any more than they were frozen by the cold winds of blustering winter. Rejoice, O my soul, that thou art spared to testify of the faithfulness of the Lord. The seasons change and thou changest, but thy Lord abides evermore the same, and the streams of his love are as deep, as broad and as full as ever. The heats of business cares and scorching trials make me need the cooling influences of the river of His grace; I may go at once and drink to the full from the inexhaustible fountain, for in summer and in winter it pours forth its flood. The upper springs are never scanty, and blessed be the name of the Lord, the nether springs cannot fail either. Elijah found Cherith dry up, but Jehovah was still the same God of providence. Job said his brethren were like deceitful brooks, but he found his God an overflowing river of consolation. The Nile is the great confidence of Egypt, but its floods are variable; our Lord is evermore the same. By turning the course of the Euphrates, Cyrus took the city of Babylon, but no power, human or infernal, can divert the current of divine grace. The tracks of ancient rivers have been found all dry and desolate, but the streams which take their rise on the mountains of divine sovereignty and infinite love shall ever be full to the brim. Generations melt away, but the course of grace is unaltered. The river of God may sing with greater truth than the brook in the poem--

"Men may come, and men may go,

But I go on forever."

How happy art thou, my soul, to be led beside such still waters! never wander to other streams, lest thou hear the Lord's rebuke, "What hast thou to do in the way of Egypt to drink of the muddy river?"

Charles Spuregon
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

AMEN!!!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

WillyCamaro wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:04 am Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Amen.
An ongoing prayer of mine, "Lord, keep me humble."
He's faithful to drop me a notch or two when I start thinking too highly of myself. Not the greatest thing to experience, but to Him be the glory!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Steve Warden wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:18 pm
Amen.
He's faithful to drop me a notch or two when I start thinking too highly of myself. Not the greatest thing to experience, but to Him be the glory!!
Same here, Steve.
Same here.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

The Christian radio channel I listen to often has Charles Spuregon sermons, Willy. I like listening to them along with sermons and segments with Chuck Swindoll, Dr. James Dobson, J. Vernon McGee, Robert Jeffress and the Dave and Ann Wilson. A friend gave us a Bible wedding gift that the Wilsons contributed to with daily devotions and things to think about.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Steve Warden wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:18 pm
WillyCamaro wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:04 am Romans 12:3
Amen.
Amen brother, amen.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:04 pm The Christian radio channel I listen to often has Charles Spuregon sermons, Willy. I like listening to them along with sermons and segments with Chuck Swindoll, Dr. James Dobson, J. Vernon McGee, Robert Jeffress and the Dave and Ann Wilson. A friend gave us a Bible wedding gift that the Wilsons contributed to with daily devotions and things to think about.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Jeremiah 17:9-10
The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately wicked: who can know it?
I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins,
even to give every man according to his ways,
and according to the fruit of his doings.

"Our heart shall rejoice in Him."
Psalm 33:21

Blessed is the fact that Christians can rejoice even in the deepest distress; although trouble may surround them, they still sing; and, like many birds, they sing best in their cages. The waves may roll over them, but their souls soon rise to the surface and see the light of God's countenance; they have a buoyancy about them which keeps their head always above the water, and helps them to sing amid the tempest, "God is with me still." To whom shall the glory be given? Oh! to Jesus--it is all by Jesus. Trouble does not necessarily bring consolation with it to the believer, but the presence of the Son of God in the fiery furnace with him fills his heart with joy. He is sick and suffering, but Jesus visits him and makes his bed for him. He is dying, and the cold chilly waters of Jordan are gathering about him up to the neck, but Jesus puts His arms around him, and cries, "Fear not, beloved; to die is to be blessed; the waters of death have their fountain-head in heaven; they are not bitter, they are sweet as nectar, for they flow from the throne of God." As the departing saint wades through the stream, and the billows gather around him, and heart and flesh fail him, the same voice sounds in his ears, "Fear not; I am with thee; be not dismayed; I am thy God." As he nears the borders of the infinite unknown, and is almost affrighted to enter the realm of shades, Jesus says, "Fear not, it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Thus strengthened and consoled, the believer is not afraid to die; nay, he is even willing to depart, for since he has seen Jesus as the morning star, he longs to gaze upon Him as the sun in his strength. Truly, the presence of Jesus is all the heaven we desire. He is at once

"The glory of our brightest days;

The comfort of our nights."

Charles Spuregon
Winston Churchill

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”