Pray for Me Please

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Pray for Me Please

Post by Quick Steel »

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, David.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

David, i hope you are well enough to check in and let us know how you are doing.
kj
TPK

Post by TPK »

::pray:: Sorry I'm late David. I'll join in here. ::pray::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I'm not one for praying, but I do wish you a full, healthy and speedy recovery.
::handshake::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

David,

I’m sure that you know that our Father is in control of everything, both the good and the bad, and we can take comfort in that fact.

We may not know why it is His will that we should sometimes suffer. His purposes are much more intricate and grand than we could conceive.

In Genesis chapter 50, Joseph speaks to his brothers that betrayed him, and sold him into slavery. He said “But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.”

Joseph’s story, is a story of God allowing misery and injustice to fall on a man only to turn around and have mercy on that same man, who in turn had mercy on his brothers and saved many people from physical death.

Many years later the Son knowing that His life rested in the hands of His Father, asked the Father in Matthew chapter 26, “O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”

Jesus’s story, is the story of God the Father allowing misery, injustice, and the hands of evil men to commit the most horrible act in all of human history, the murder of the one and only perfect Son of God. The outcome being the spiritual salvation of many people.

The Father did not have mercy on his own son, so that He could have mercy on us. God’s wrath, that was towards us, fell on His own Son, so we could be accepted by God. His blood was shed for payment of our sins.

If we repent of our sins, acknowledging that our own flesh is corrupt, turn from our earthly desires and follow Christ’s example of selflessness for God’s glory alone, trusting that He is the way the truth and the life, knowing that we in our own flesh could never reach the level of God’s perfection; resting on what He has done for us, in the end, we will be saved, resurrected, as was Jesus, brought home to live forevermore.

I told you these things so you may have peace. Our lives are in his hands. He is in control.

Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.”

And

“We love him, because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:19

After Jesus submitted himself to the Father by putting His own will aside, he was crucified; but God raised Him up again and He is seated at the right hand of God.

I don’t know all the reasons why God saw it fit for you to contract that virus, but I do know that, because He did see it fit, you gave Him glory by asking this community to pray to the only God who can and does answer prayer.

Who knows, maybe God is using your illness to reach many people who otherwise may have never heard the good news about a loving God who uses both the good and bad to bring about his will for the salvation of many.

David, thank you for giving us this opportunity and invitation to call upon The Lord.

We ask Father that you give David, and his loved ones comfort and rest in you. You hold all things in the power of your hands. Despite the sufferings we may face in life, I ask that we acknowledge your goodness, and your loving kindness. You who sent your own beloved son to die in our place to save us, did not leave him in the grave, but by your justness raised him up again. The first fruit of many brothers, of whom are bending knee right now for David’s sake, asking for healing, knowing your will, will be done as it was for both Joseph and your own beloved son. Amen.
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

David you and your family are in my prayers. May the healing hand of God be upon you to strengthen and sustain you. I pray for God's healing mercy on your behalf and I pray that with the healing work He performs that He will be glorified.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

^^^ What everyone has prayed, and more ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

So sorry to hear this,I pray that God will get you through this. In the name of the Father. Amen. ::pray::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

This afternoon I’m feeling a little better, but I’m still having breathing issues and I don’t have the energy to do anything, but sit here. I wanted to tell all of you how grateful I am for you and for you prayers and well wishes.

However the situation around here have gotten worse. One of our church members is in ICU with the virus and I believe he is on a respirator. His wife is also positive, but no real symptoms. There are at least 2 more members that are positive. As you can guess all services are now cancelled until further notice.

Folks this mess is a long way from being over and it’s my belief it will get worse before it gets any better. I have faith that God will deliver me back to good health, but my fear is for others who are in much worse condition than myself. If you have anyone in your family or in your community that you know of as having the virus please pray for them and offer whatever assistance to them you can.

God bless you all.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

David thanks for the update. Please try to give us a daily update otherwise i at least, will worry that you have been hospitalized.
kj
TPK

Post by TPK »

Glad your feeling a little better David! ::nod:: I will continue to ::pray:: for you. ::handshake:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Thanks for the update David....
I am continuing to pray for you.
Trust in God's power!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Well said Mike ::tu:: .

That's great news David! Praying that's the start of it clearing up for you, and praying for your community ::pray:: .
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Praying for your peace and healing my brother.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Keep fighting the good fight, David! We'll continue to pray for you and your church members
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Glad you're feeling a little better. Thanks for the update. Continued prayers, for you, your family and church members.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

I Continue to lift up you and your family in prayer. ::pray::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Hang in there David.. This will be a distant memory soon..
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

LAST UPDATE: Say everyone I'm feeling much better this afternoon and it looks like I'm on the good side of this virus. Everything has pretty much subsided except I'm still doing breathing treatments for a couple of more days, primarily because I have COPD with a history of pneumonia.
God is faithful to our prayers and so are my friends at AAPK. God bless you all, now lets get back to talking knives. :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.......Great News!!!...hang in there , my friend!!!.................. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ...............
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Awesome news, David! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

WOO-HOO! Great to hear David!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

It's great to learn that David. Keeping up the prayers until all is clear.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Wonderful news David! Your post reminded me of the last verse or our Sunday School lesson this week.

“Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen, and called its name Ebenezer, saying, “Thus far the LORD has helped us.””
‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭7:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

That is most awesome news David ::ds:: .

Yes, are Lord is most good and faithful. It pleases him greatly to help his children, when we come to him in humility and prayer.

::ds::

Like we both know with pneumonia, once you make it though the worst point, your on the road to recovery.

::tu::
Winston Churchill

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”