My Fellow Knivefians

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
LDF Knives

My Fellow Knivefians

Post by LDF Knives »

I have a recommendation, of a Great book for ALL to read and to share; One Heartbeat Away: Your Journey Into Eternity By Mark Cahill and for the ones that does not speak English there are many many languages in print of the same book, This is a very understandable Book! Once you get this or have this: Chime in!!!
kootenay joe

Re: My Fellow Knivefians

Post by kootenay joe »

Is this a philosophical book or more of a religious one ?
Is it geared towards helping a person accept the inevitability of one's own death ?
Perhaps you could tell us a bit about what is covered in this book.
thanks, kj
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:34 amPerhaps you could tell us a bit about what is covered in this book
Google is our friend Roland ..... Sound like an interesting read, thank-you!

The question of what happens to us after we die is on the minds of many? Can you prove to them that there is a God? What about evolution? Can the Bible be proven true? This book, which is inspired by conversations with lost people, is written specifically to those who have objections or are seeking answers for eternity, and guiding them to truth. Why have so many atheists, agnostics, Muslims, Catholics, prisoners, and soldiers become born again after reading One Heartbeat Away? As best-selling author Mark Cahill suggests, it's because once you know the truth about the Bible, creation vs. evolution, heaven and hell, sin, and the cross, there is only one logical decision to make. The truth does set you free! Get this book into the hands of family, friends, and strangers, and watch the Holy Spirit work wonders in their lives. It also appeals to Christians who want answers to the questions they get when witnessing. One Heartbeat Away promises to be as compelling as Mark Cahill's first book One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven. Both books have tremendous value in skillfully communicating the evidence for biblical truth and compelling the lost to come to Jesus Christ for salvation.

Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Tom. I did not know google gave book reviews. However that glowing report might have been written by the publisher to promote sales ?
kj
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:51 pm Thanks Tom. I did not know google gave book reviews. However that glowing report might have been written by the publisher to promote sales ?
kj
No, It was suggested by me to have Saved and lost souls to read this fine book, and there are scriptures Quoted from the Bible, as well: the Bible has a great acronym: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:51 pm Thanks Tom. I did not know google gave book reviews. However that glowing report might have been written by the publisher to promote sales ?
kj
Google doesn’t give book reviews. It’s a search engine which just finds key words, like the book’s title, and posts links to all it finds on the the internet concerning the key word(s). I haven’t looked but I’d be surprised if there aren’t many reviews of the book, from multiple sources. And none of them written by Google.

I personally try to avoid Google. There are many equally good search engines available.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Ken, can you suggest one or two other search engines that you know to be thorough ?
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

My search engine of choice is DuckDuckGo. https://duckduckgo.com/ No kidding, that’s the name. Search engine and browser. It’s free and it works great. And it doesn’t track your searches, your location, etc. It just gives you what you ask for and nothing else. ::tu::

My gripe with Google is when I had it as a search engine, I would search for some topic and afterward over the next several days I would get offers, coupons, etc to buy whatever item I had searched for. It was annoying. And if I had “location services” turned on, I could walk into a retail store and immediately receive on my phone a coupon from that store to purchase the item. I tried turning off location, blocking pop-ups, and all that. The wording in Google’s “manage your advertising settings” is so confusingly convoluted as to be laughable. So I deleted Google search, Chrome (Google’s browser product) and everything else “Google”. (except YouTube, and it’s now so full of advertising crap that I’m looking for something to replace it too.)

Rant over!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”