Please pray for the people experiencing storm damage

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Meridian_Mike

Please pray for the people experiencing storm damage

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Good morning all.....
Yesterday was a BAD day in west central Alabama.
I live just across the line in east central Mississippi and I watched the weather TOTALLY HAMMER that area in Alabama.
The bad weather went on for HOURS. I haven't checked into the news enough to see if there was loss of life but I KNOW there were a lot of people left homeless by these storms.
Please join me in praying for those affected people. My family roots are from that area so I have distant family over there.
Heavenly Father...
We all look to you for the comfort we need during times like these. Please be with everyone this morning as the dawn rises on a new day and the damage can be seen. Let all communities come together. And after the tears are dried, let all people pitch in to help each other as the clean-up begins.
Father, give us comfort and peace. Please beckon all to run to you for shelter for their souls.
In the Holy name of Jesus we pray.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Please pray for the people experiencing storm damage

Post by dlr110 »

Amen Mike, those folks will be in my prayers today. ::pray::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Agreeing in prayer with you Mike.
Will pray for them today. 🙏
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Prayers sent Mike. Still seeing the affects from the recent killer winter storm here in Texas, so I empathize.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Are these windstorms, rainstorms, snowstorms, getting more intense and more frequent in southern USA ?
I live in Western Canada and our weather has not changed much in recent years. We do get longer dry spells in the summer but no increase in intensity or frequency of storms.
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

kootenay joe wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:46 pm Are these windstorms, rainstorms, snowstorms, getting more intense and more frequent in southern USA ?
I live in Western Canada and our weather has not changed much in recent years. We do get longer dry spells in the summer but no increase in intensity or frequency of storms.
kj
No. They happen randomly. We get a winter storm with snow or ice and sub-freezing temperatures every few years. Occasionally there will be more than one a year, most years none at all. The one we had last month was the worst (lowest temperatures) since 1899. The most recent one where temperatures stayed below freezing for several days was in 1983. It didn’t get as cold then as it did last month, but it stayed below freezing for over a week.

Good records of weather here have only existed less than 200 years - compared to the millions of years of earth’s existence it’s a bit presumptuous to draw conclusions based on the relatively limited data we have. Makes good fodder for the “news” however. ::facepalm::

It happens. It’s random.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Two hundred years of good record keeping is enough to show if there have been any significant changes in weather patterns. But based on what you say they show no significant trends; i.e. not hotter or colder or wetter, etc. However the data does need to be analyzed in some depth. For example the annual average rainfall might not have changed but if now the majority occurs from 4 rainstorms whereas in past years it occurred from 30 or more rainstorms, this would be a significant change.
A few years ago Jerry Halfrich was nearly buried in his shop from a mudslide following heavy rains. But maybe mudslides have been happening in Texas sporadically over the last 200 or more years ?
kj
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:00 pm Good morning all.....
Yesterday was a BAD day in west central Alabama.
I live just across the line in east central Mississippi and I watched the weather TOTALLY HAMMER that area in Alabama.
The bad weather went on for HOURS. I haven't checked into the news enough to see if there was loss of life but I KNOW there were a lot of people left homeless by these storms.
Please join me in praying for those affected people. My family roots are from that area so I have distant family over there.
Heavenly Father...
We all look to you for the comfort we need during times like these. Please be with everyone this morning as the dawn rises on a new day and the damage can be seen. Let all communities come together. And after the tears are dried, let all people pitch in to help each other as the clean-up begins.
Father, give us comfort and peace. Please beckon all to run to you for shelter for their souls.
In the Holy name of Jesus we pray.
AMEN Mike.
::pray::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Roland, regardless whatever you heard or read mudslides aren’t common occurrences in Texas, despite the occasional torrential rainstorms we have had throughout recorded history. The only mudslides I’ve heard of were the result of some highway project where the construction crew made a huge pile of dirt, which was washed onto the road by a passing thunder storm, creating a temporary if inconvenient mess for commuters. Other than that they’re rare in Texas and the South - sort of like a tsunami in Alberta. ::facepalm:: They may become more frequent however now that developers are tearing up the Texas Hill Country constructing homes on formerly virgin hillsides, just as they have done in Kalifornia and other West Coast areas.

Regardless of how and when Mother Nature strikes, my prayers are for those adversely impacted. Living out in the country in a largely prairie landscape makes one appreciate the strength and suddenness at which storms can hit. You can see them coming a long ways off. And observe their power. ::uc::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

cudgee

Post by cudgee »

::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray:: ::handshake::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

The news last night said there were NO FATALITIES from the storms.... Praise the Lord for that!
There was a lot of damage and that can be repaired..... a life lost can not.

Thank you Heavenly Father for the good we can see that has come from all this bad weather damage.
I pray that Christians will be drawn closer to you during this time.
In Jesus name we pray.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:27 am The news last night said there were NO FATALITIES from the storms.... Praise the Lord for that!
There was a lot of damage and that can be repaired..... a life lost can not.

Thank you Heavenly Father for the good we can see that has come from all this bad weather damage.
I pray that Christians will be drawn closer to you during this time.
In Jesus name we pray.
That is some good news, but there will be untold damage to infrastructure. By the way, Happy Birthday. ::handshake::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

eveled

Post by eveled »

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”