Prayers for Vera

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Prayers for Vera

Post by Mumbleypeg »

David, I’m sorry I did not see this sooner, and sorry to learn of Vera’s worsening condition. May the Lord bless and comfort her and your family during this time.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

My sweet mother in law Vera went to be with our Lord yesterday afternoon. She was able to leave us at home in her own bed with her children and grandchildren at her bedside. She was clear of mind and in no pain, she simply closed her eyes and she was gone. We thank God that it was so peaceful and we know she is walking the streets of gold with Jesus in Heaven now.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, your kind, and very meaningful comments through this time. The service will be this coming Wednesday morning.

God’s Blessings,
David & Cheryl Roberts
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I'm glad for her that she is with her Savior. ::handshake::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

David you and your wife have my sincere condolences. Losing a loved one is such a hard thing to do. I hope you and your family can find peace and perhaps even joy in knowing that Vera is now in the company of our Lord and Savior.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

God bless you all brother David.
It is most comforting knowing shes with are Lord 'n Savior now, for the rest of eternity.
God be praised!
William
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
TPK

Post by TPK »

My deepest condolences David. I will be praying for you & your family. ::pray::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

David, I'm so sorry for you and the family. But, I am so grateful for the hope that she had in Christ. The Lord was faithful to her to the end.

“Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭116:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

I'm so thankful to hear she went peacefully and that she was surrounded by her loving family.
Praise the Lord for His blessed assurance that give us so much comfort at times like this.

Thank you Heavenly Father for your love and peace. Please comfort MS Vera's family. We know she is with you now and singing praises with the saints.
Praise the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Alright let's close this one out. We had the funeral service yesterday for Vera and it went great despite the rain. We had family come from all over the country for the service. Our church was so great in all the food and paper goods they brought to the house. There was so much we had to send to-go plates with some folks.
Well Vera is with our Lord now and it's time for us to move on. As always you guys were all faithful in your prayers and Cheryl and I appreciate that very much. We have a couple of appointments in the next week or so and then for the first time in over a year we are getting on the road again to just relax and have fun doing what we like, antique shopping. Don't know where we're going, I'm just going to point that Tahoe in some direction and start driving, no plan, no reservations.

God bless you all and keep you safe,
David & Cheryl Roberts
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”