My wife needs some prayers

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My wife needs some prayers

Post by dlr110 »

Dale, I will continue to trust in God and pray for Alyson and you. You have the prayers of everyone in our little country church each and every day lifting Alyson up to God asking for strength and healing. Stay strong in your faith my friend.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:37 am
Colonel26 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:34 pm
orvet wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:10 pm It is still a mystery to me as to why God wants us to pray, but we know that is what we're supposed to do from the scripture. It's pretty amazing that the creator of the universe wants our input on what He is doing.
Dale, the late theologian and pastor R.C. Sprout said that one of the hardest questions he was ever asked as a young seminarian was in Dr. John Gerstner’s class. Dr. Gerstner asked them. “If God is sovereign, if God has decreed from eternity then things that come to pass, if he knows what we have need of before we ask, then why pray?” He said they all shuffled their feet and looked at the ground humming and hawing. Finally R.C. spoke up and said, “I’m sure this is wrong, but it seems to me we ought to pray because God said so.”
I agree whole heartedly with that!

But, I also think God wants us to talk directly to Him too. I talk to God constantly during the day. His word says, "Pray without ceasing". God is ALWAYS there and knows my every movement and every word that comes out of my mouth. But, I also like to direct specific conversation to my Father and my Savoir all throughout the day.
Yep that’s exactly the case.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Prayers continuing and will continue.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I will continue to pray for you and Alyson
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks for the update, Dale. Will continue to pray. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

The two of you are still in my prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank you for the update Brother, and for the ponderings brothers.
Much to think about...
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
TPK

Post by TPK »

::pray:: Sending my thoughts & prayers Dale.
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

SURGERY UPDATE

Alyson & I met with the Plastic Surgeon yesterday. They have given us a surgery date of June 3rd, just a week from today.
Thank you for your continued prayers. ::nod::

Colonel26 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:55 pm
Meridian_Mike wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:37 am
Colonel26 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:34 pm

Dale, the late theologian and pastor R.C. Sprout said that one of the hardest questions he was ever asked as a young seminarian was in Dr. John Gerstner’s class. Dr. Gerstner asked them. “If God is sovereign, if God has decreed from eternity then things that come to pass, if he knows what we have need of before we ask, then why pray?” He said they all shuffled their feet and looked at the ground humming and hawing. Finally R.C. spoke up and said, “I’m sure this is wrong, but it seems to me we ought to pray because God said so.”
But, I also think God wants us to talk directly to Him too. I talk to God constantly during the day. His word says, "Pray without ceasing". God is ALWAYS there and knows my every movement and every word that comes out of my mouth. But, I also like to direct specific conversation to my Father and my Savoir all throughout the day.
Yep that’s exactly the case.

Thanks guys for the great answers and insights. Y'all are pretty deep for a bunch of knife nuts! :o
BTW, I agree whole heartedly with you! ::tu:: ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Dale...I continue to think of you 2 just as you did for me 3 years
ago when I lost my Pammie....when I saw the update on her surgery
day..I hope and pray it is a omen...June 3rd was Pam's birthday...
I wish nothing but the best for the 2 of ya Dale....

Will
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Dale,

I have marked June 3 on my calendar to remind me to be FERVENTLY praying for your wife, for you and for your family, on surgery day.
I'm figuring quite a few guys and gals here will be doing the same.
May God bless Y'all...!!!
Mark
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Yes..... very good point!

Let's all join together on June 3rd in a morning prayer that God's will be done in Alyson and Dales lives.

We may think God doesn't always hear our prayers BUT... His word says He does and God has our best interests in mind. God knows the job He has for us to do here on this earth. God equips us to do that work! And we will not depart this earth until God has finished His work thru us!

Get stronger Alyson.....
Be strong for her Dale!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you guys for all of your prayers and all of your words of wisdom. I read them to Alyson and she was moved that so many people who don't know her would be that involved in praying for her, and lifting her up before the Father!
You really are an expression of the church as you hold each other up in prayer. This time it is for Alyson and I but I know you will hold others up in your prayers also, and others in turn will hold you up when it is time. This is what Jesus instructed us to do and that is how we are Salt and Light to those around us.

God bless you all!
You all have certainly blessed and enriched our lives with your prayers and your support. Thank you! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

orvet wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:47 pm Thank you guys for all of your prayers and all of your words of wisdom. I read them to Alyson and she was moved that so many people who don't know her would be that involved in praying for her, and lifting her up before the Father!
You really are an expression of the church as you hold each other up in prayer. This time it is for Alyson and I but I know you will hold others up in your prayers also, and others in turn will hold you up when it is time. This is what Jesus instructed us to do and that is how we are Salt and Light to those around us.

God bless you all!
You all have certainly blessed and enriched our lives with your prayers and your support. Thank you! ::nod::
🙏🙏🙏🙏 🤠🤠
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::handshake::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Heavenly Father,

We ask You now, in the Name of Jesus, Your guidance, Your intervention and Your supervision, by Your Holy Spirit, upon the hands, hearts and minds of the surgeons, nurses and medical personnel, that Your will be done in the operating room this morning, and that Your Presence and Peace be visited upon Alyson, Dale and their family.
We ask, in Jesus' Name, a supernatural healing for Alyson, and Your will be done in Dale's family.
Amen.
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Heavenly Father I lift Alyson up to you in prayer and I ask for your Devine care and healing. Father guide the surgical team in their every move. Lord give Dale peace in his mind and heart that Alyson is in your hands and that all will be right according to your will.
In the name of Jesus I pray, AMEN. ::pray::
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Working Edge wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:56 pm Heavenly Father,

We ask You now, in the Name of Jesus, Your guidance, Your intervention and Your supervision, by Your Holy Spirit, upon the hands, hearts and minds of the surgeons, nurses and medical personnel, that Your will be done in the operating room this morning, and that Your Presence and Peace be visited upon Alyson, Dale and their family.
We ask, in Jesus' Name, a supernatural healing for Alyson, and Your will be done in Dale's family.
Amen.
dlr110 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:14 pm Heavenly Father I lift Alyson up to you in prayer and I ask for your Devine care and healing. Father guide the surgical team in their every move. Lord give Dale peace in his mind and heart that Alyson is in your hands and that all will be right according to your will.
In the name of Jesus I pray, AMEN. ::pray::
Amen and amen.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Amen. Dale, we are praying for Alyson and you. I can’t say it any better than already done so I’ll not try here. Just know that prayers are being given for her sake.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Heavenly Father.... I join with my brothers and sisters in Christ and pray for our sister Alyson. There are others praying for her right now.... and I KNOW you hear our prayers and see our support for Alyson. We all agree in this prayer in Jesus name! She is in need of your healing touch, comfort and strength.
Dale also needs your strength at this time to be strong for Alyson and other members of the family. Please strengthen Dale and allow your Love and strength to show through him so he can minister to those around him.

Lord Jesus, you are all we have. No possessions here on this earth are eternal. Only you are eternal. You came to this earth to save us. By your stripes we are healed.

Please give Alyson healing for her body. Please give her a testimony to share with others after this surgery is over. A testimony of your love for us even though we are sinners.
We trust in you, Heavenly Father. We know your wisdom and your word is perfect.

Please give the surgeon Your knowledge and wisdom so that he can take care of the problem Alyson has in her earthly body.
We all lean on You for our strength during this time.

May your will be done....
In the holy name of Jesus we pray.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks for your prayers guys. she's doing fine so far. This update came in about an hour and a half ago, at 11:23 a.m. Pacific time.
Hospital here now sends out text updates when you have a family member in surgery. This was their last text

"Salem Health: Procedure has started. Patient is doing fine."

Thanks again for your prayers! ::handshake::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

orvet wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:08 pm Thanks for your prayers guys. she's doing fine so far. This update came in about an hour and a half ago, at 11:23 a.m. Pacific time.
Hospital here now sends out text updates when you have a family member in surgery. This was their last text

"Salem Health: Procedure has started. Patient is doing fine."

Thanks again for your prayers! ::handshake::
Dale,
Thanks for the update and as you receive additional info and as you are able, please keep us updated. ::pray::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Been on the go today and just now seeing this Dale. I'm still praying, keep us updated as you can. ::pray::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Just saying Amen to the prayers already offered here on the forum for Alyson and Dale.
It's good to know so many believers are here to support our brothers and sisters through difficult times.
Miss Joy and I both have been the recipient of these prayers in times past and fully understand how wonderful it is to have folks across the country praying for our special needs.
Please keep us updated, Dale.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you all so much for your prayers. The surgery is over I'm just getting ready to go back down to the hospital to see Alyson, she is just now getting into a room. It's 5:30 here and we got there at 7 this morning for the surgery. About 10:30 they kicked me out and said we will tell you when to come back. I just got the phone call a few minutes ago.

I talked to both surgeons and it turns out there were tumors on 2 of the lymph nodes, so they took the lymph nodes under her right arm which is the affected side. The lymph nodes will be biopsied for cancer but the results for that won't be back for a week or so. As I understand what they're saying they're not sure, or they have to confirm that the lymph node tumors are cancerous or benign. They already know the tumors in the breast were cancer.
The doctors will be in in the morning to talk further with her and I. Since there is some lymph node involvement it may involve chemotherapy. That has to be discussed tomorrow I think.

I have to run now and get to the hospital. Please continue to pray and thank you so much for the prayers that you have already offered on our behalf. God bless you all!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”