Update on Alyson's Surgery and Prayer Requests.

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Update on Alyson's Surgery and Prayer Requests.

Post by orvet »

Greetings guys, boy do I feel like a dummy! Apparently on Thursday when I made the last update on Alyson's condition, I accidentally locked the topic. How I did that, I have no idea, (probably sleep deprivation). Apparently, it was locked long enough before I noticed it this morning that for some reason I can't unlock it now, even as an administrator. It may just be that the controls are not where I remember them being or as a friend of mine once said, “Of all the things I've lost, I missed my mind the most.” Whatever the reason I locked the previous topic so I'm going to start a Part 2 for updates and Alyson’s recovery.

She went in for surgery on Thursday, June 3rd, she was released from the hospital Friday afternoon, June 4th. I have been her care provider at home since the surgery and I have learned a couple of things; #1 - I have learned a new profound respect and appreciation for the role of caregivers. # 2 - I found my wife is it is a lot tougher then I thought she was. ::nod::

When they did the surgery to remove the breast cancer, they biopsied the sentinel nodes of the limp system which as it was explained to me are the first ones from the breast to the lymph system and they checked them to see if there was cancer in them. There was, So they removed all of the lymph glands under Alyson’s right arm. In the next week or so we will know how far the cancer has spread in the limp system as they do the biopsy of all of the lymph nodes, mapping each one as it gets further from the sentinel nodes. That will tell them how far the cancer has spread. If the cancer is contained within the lymph system, that will be a relief. She will still have to have some radiation therapy most likely, but probably no chemo.
There will need to be at least two more surgeries, one for reconstruction on the right side where the cancer was and then a surgery on the other side to make the two sides match.

There have been some very positive results so far from the surgery, Alyson says she feels like a weight was lifted off of her, like there was something inside that was wrong and it has now been removed. Her attitude reflects that as well. Also her right hip had been bothering her for several weeks before her diagnosis. It hadn't been a real effort for her to walk and she was walking with a severe limp. Since the surgery, I notice she was walking without the pronounced limp she had. She said she has almost no pain in the hip at all, And it was a problem she had been dealing with for close to a year. She is doing much better now!

At this point in time we can all thank the Lord for the healing He is brought to her up to this point! I trust that He who designed our bodies and heals our bodies has nothing but the best of intentions for his children, because that is exactly what he tells us!

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” - Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks again for all of your prayers and to all of those intercessory prayer warriors! I could feel the covering of your prayers over us and had no fear for the outcome of the surgery.

God has this under control, may it all be used for His Glory!

God bless y'all! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Steve Warden

Re: Update on Alyson's Surgery and Prayer Requests.

Post by Steve Warden »

Amen and glory to our God and Father!
Great to hear such an encouraging report, Dale.

Thank You, Lord. Continue to bless Alyson with Your healing power to completely rid her body of the cancer and allow her to continue her life to the fullest. Bless Dale with Your strength, comfort, and wisdom. All for Your glory in Jesus' name. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
JYBRGR

Post by JYBRGR »

I hope recovery is fast and all is well. Please rest easy
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Thanks for the update, Dale!
The locked thread was a bit strange. ::hmm::
Thank the Lord for good results and improvements as y'all go through this together.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

What a great praise report Dale!!

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

Heavenly Father.... we are all so grateful to hear of Alyson's improved condition! Father, we know you look at Alyson and see Your child. A child you loved enough to sent Your Son to this earth to be a sacrifice for her.... so she could have everlasting life!
We know there will be follow up procedures that are necessary but Father, we pray that Alyson will be able to be a living testimony to your power and glory through out this ordeal.

We praise you in the holy name of our Savior the Lord Jesus Christ.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Thank you Dale for the update. The folks in Sunday School were asking about Alyson yesterday and they continue to pray for her. I continue to pray for both of you each day and I know from God's word that he hears our prayers and answers them. I pray for healing and strength for Alyson as she goes through this process and that God will comfort you in heart and mind. God bless you my friend and may Alyson experience our Lord's love and perfect healing during her recovery. ::pray::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

What great news! Thank you for the update Dale!!!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Great news Dale !!! We will not forget either one of you
in our future thoughts..sure she has the best caregiver she could ask for

Will
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks for the update, Dale, and prayers still going out. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

So glad the surgery was successful. Praying for a good outcome on the lymph node checks and a speedy recovery.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks again guys, y'all are awesome! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. -
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Thanks for the update on Alyson, Dale. I will continue to pray for her (and you).
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Working Edge wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:35 pm Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. -
Exactly mate!
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:48 pm
Working Edge wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:35 pm Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. -
Exactly mate!
::ds::
::handshake::
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Working Edge wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:50 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:48 pm
Exactly mate!
::handshake::
Winston Churchill

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

An update for you guys after the meeting Alyson and I met with her oncologist yesterday.

This is a quote of her brief note she sent to some of her Facebook friends who were praying for her.
“Appt with oncologist today. This cancer is not terminal. Chemo will be to cure it and last four months. It was an informative and positive meeting. I have scans and testing coming up and will start the process in about 3 weeks. Still sore and tender from surgery but all in all doing well.”

We are praising the Lord today to get such a positive report, and we know he has our lives and our future in his hands. We also know that God has nothing but the best planned for us. ::ds::
Jeremiah 29: 11

I will continue to update this topic when there is some new information or a new need for prayer.

Thank you all for your prayers! ::handshake::
God bless you all,
Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Glory and honor and power and praise belong to our Lord God!!

Great to hear, Dale!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

orvet wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:45 pm An update for you guys after the meeting Alyson and I met with her oncologist yesterday.

This is a quote of her brief note she sent to some of her Facebook friends who were praying for her.
“Appt with oncologist today. This cancer is not terminal. Chemo will be to cure it and last four months. It was an informative and positive meeting. I have scans and testing coming up and will start the process in about 3 weeks. Still sore and tender from surgery but all in all doing well.”

We are praising the Lord today to get such a positive report, and we know he has our lives and our future in his hands. We also know that God has nothing but the best planned for us. ::ds::
Jeremiah 29: 11

I will continue to update this topic when there is some new information or a new need for prayer.

Thank you all for your prayers! ::handshake::
God bless you all,
Dale
PRAISE THE LORD!! PRAISE THE LORD!! PRAISE THE LORD!! PRAISE THE LORD!! PRAISE THE LORD!! PRAISE THE LORD!! PRAISE THE LORD!! PRAISE THE LORD!!
::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Praise God for His mercies and grace for us all and that He hears our prayers. This is a good report and we all rejoice with you. You will continue to be in our prayers daily. To God be the glory! ::pray::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Great to read a positive outlook while dealing with such a serious issue. Knowing it is in the Lord’s hands and giving Him praise is a witness to all us who are following Alyson’s progress.
Thank you Dale for sharing this personal issue with the Upper Room group.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great news Dale. Thanks for the update. ::handshake::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

That is great news news Dale!

God is in control! He knows our needs and provides for His children!

I know you are both tired after this ordeal. Get rest and get strong....

Our God reigns!

"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

So glad to read that this is treatable. I'm sure the chemo won't be pleasant, but that will be the path forward.

Still praying for Alyson!!!

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”