Prayers for our Nation

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Prayers for our Nation

Post by dlr110 »

We have started something new at our little country church every Saturday evening that I wanted to share with you. Our nation is in such turmoil and we as a society are headed down a path of destruction. You see it every day in the news the continual breakdown of our federal government and our leaders. As humans we have turned away from God and His Word. We accept or turn a blind eye to immorality and the value of human life. We accept sinful actions and attitudes as normal and as our freedom to do as we please. The latest surveys that I've seen show that only about 24% of our people attend any worship service on a weekly basis.
So for 1 hour each Saturday evening our church is open and our Pastor is there leading prayers that our nation will be healed. The format is such that you don't have to be there the whole hour, if your not able too.

God has blessed our nation in the past, but will He continue to do so or will He lift His protective hands and allow us to continue down the destructive paths we have chosen. I would ask, and I know you already are, that everyone pray for all of our leaders at all levels. Pray that they and we as a nation will search our hearts and God's Word for direction in all things. The answers are there we just have to be willing to seek His will and believe in His perfect Word.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Prayers for our Nation

Post by doglegg »

Good idea David. Thanks for sharing. ::handshake::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Amen David!

I pray for our nation every morning and have been doing so for quite a while.

God is our only hope for turning our nation around. It really feels like things are going to get BAD..... Sometimes, things have to get really bad before people will turn to God. And that is sad if you think about it.... why not praise God and follow Him during the times of blessing? God loves us and wants us to be his people. SO... God will allow bad things to happen to good people if it brings them back to Him.
God punished Israel several times in the Old Testament for turning away from him. It would be VERY arrogant of America to think God would continue to bless us even though we turned our backs on Him.
1 Chronicles 7:14.....
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

The KEY THOUGHT in this verse is ......"humble themselves"......and.... "seek My face"....
Just praying and asking God to "fix" things is not enough.
We have GOT TO.... humble ourselves and seeks God's face if we want God to heal our land.

I know that Christians are a minority in America and the world..... we have to go where God points and do what God says to do.
The time to work is short. Trust God and show others the way.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

We meet every Wednesday evening for prayer.
Prayer for our nation is among the most common.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

The last two Saturdays this special 1 hour prayer for America has been so well received that we now have members from other church's in the local area wanting to join us. If we could spread this all around the area, the state, even the country just think what God could do for this nation. To God be the glory. ::pray::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:18 pm The last two Saturdays this special 1 hour prayer for America has been so well received that we now have members from other church's in the local area wanting to join us. If we could spread this all around the area, the state, even the country just think what God could do for this nation. To God be the glory. ::pray::
This gives me hope for the future of our country.

I know the citizens of Texas are especially concerned since the present administration opened the borders with NO concern for the impact.
I was glad to read that Texas is going to build it's own wall to slow down some of this mess.

Praise the Lord!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I often pray while I am working in my shop.
Last night I was listening to Psalms through the Bible Gateway (a free app), when the Lord really caught my attention with Psalms 112:8

“The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.” Psalms 12:8 KJV

I find comfort in the fact that the Lord knew what was coming and even promised it in Psalms 12:7 –
“Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever.”
But the wicked will not fare as well as those who follow the lord!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”