A very heartfelt thank you!

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

A very heartfelt thank you!

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I have been just overwhelmed with the support and encouragement that you folks have given me while I recover from Covid over these past 3 weeks.
Covid took a huge toll on me and honestly didn’t think I would live at times. Getting emails, texts and pm’s have brightened my day. I know a lot of you folks have been praying for me too and it was so encouraging to know you were praying. I reached the end of all my strength more than once and only the Lords help got me through. So I know the prayers worked. Thank you to all of you. AAPK is part of my family and it feels more like family everyday. What a great place to be!
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: A very heartfelt thank you!

Post by Colonel26 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:51 pm I have been just overwhelmed with the support and encouragement that you folks have given me while I recover from Covid over these past 3 weeks.
Covid took a huge toll on me and honestly didn’t think I would live at times. Getting emails, texts and pm’s have brightened my day. I know a lot of you folks have been praying for me too and it was so encouraging to know you were praying. I reached the end of all my strength more than once and only the Lords help got me through. So I know the prayers worked. Thank you to all of you. AAPK is part of my family and it feels more like family everyday. What a great place to be!
Oh my goodness! How’d I miss this?

It’s good to hear you’re better. I will pray for your continued recovery.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Mark, you are always kind and supportive of people here so it is quite natural for us to want to wish you well. You were very ill with Covid and i am so happy that you 'made it'. I hope you continue to improve and get stronger as the days go by. Please don't hesitate to ask for more prayers and support if you need it.
kj
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

So glad your getting better ::tu:: me and my wife and one of our daughters had it and was rough , we work in health care so even with all the ppe we still got it, i work in 56 bed care home so seen how bad this illness gets , it annoys me when some people think its not real and some kind of conspiracy :roll: anyway you look after yourself and take it easy as can be a struggle for a while after ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Mark.... it is so good to hear you are on the mend!!!

God is our strength when we are to the point of giving up. He has more for you to do here on this earth.
Keep the faith and keep your trust in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

You will have an impact on someone that will give glory to God and help that person to know our Savior!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mark. So glad you're feeling better. You're a tough old bird, and I knew that combined with your strong faith in God would pull you through. The tendency will be to pickup right where you left off, but please don't let that happen to you. You'll get back to your old self soon enough, taking a couple of weeks doing things slower to ensure things are right will still get you to your destination eventually. From your emails I could tell how poorly you were feeling and it worried me, so it makes me very happy you've turned the corner. Remember, you have a wonderful spouse and 3 dogs that need you, so take it slow for them, and you. Great news my friend! Mark! 8)
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Mark. I am glad to hear that you are on the mend!! COVID ain’t nothing to mess with. Take care!
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
TPK

Post by TPK »

Mark I'm sorry I didn't know that you were sick. I'm sure glad you came through it ok and I pray that you recover quickly. ::nod::

Get Well Soon Buddy, ::handshake::
Thinking of you, ::pray::
Tom 🗡️🔪 KGFG 🗡️🔪
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Mark, I had no idea. Glad that you are on the downhill side, God Bless You!
Ike
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thank you all. Please pray for my wife, she is now showing all the signs of Covid.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Good to see you posting again, hope you continue to improve!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am Thank you all. Please pray for my wife, she is now showing all the signs of Covid.
Will pray for her recovery. ::handshake::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mark. Continued prayers for you since you're not completely past this yet, although you're too modest to say anything, and daily prayers will be sent for your wonderful better half. Stay strong and help her as much as possible without taking any further toll on yourself. Don't forget to show the dogs as much affection as you can muster. I'm an email away should you need ANYTHING. Mark. 8)
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am Thank you all. Please pray for my wife, she is now showing all the signs of Covid.
Done.. ::nod::
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

SSk, glad to read you're doing better and prayers going out for your wife. ::pray::

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Wow I missed this also. Sure glad to hear your on the mend and we will pray for your wife. 🙏 God bless.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thank you all. My wife tested positive for Covid. She is getting worse each day, but fortunately not having the breathing problems that I had.
Thank you all again for the prayers.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

We all praise God that you are better!

Holy Father, please be with Mark's wife as she goes through her battle with this covid disease.
Please give her comfort and peace during this illness. Let her know that many people are praying for her. And above all, that You are with her in her time of crisis.
We thank you Father for loving us and hearing our prayers!

In the Holy name of Jesus our Savior we pray.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

God bless you brother!
As always, no matter what happens, the Lord is here with us, walking alongside to get us through.
Love ya Mark & Mary B.!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”