Please remember the single people of the Forum.

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Captain O

Please remember the single people of the Forum.

Post by Captain O »

Most people don't give it much thought. Either death, divorce, or both have left some members alone. This time of year always emphasizes that isolation. The hustle and bustle of the season always seem to amplify the "alone in a crowd" syndrome that accompanies the holidays. Some of us are isolated because we don't want anyone else to feel sorry for us, while others have little choice in the matter. For us, it is just another day, and we thank God that we have survived another year.

I raise a large glass of non-alcoholic Eggnog to other single members of the Forum, wishing you a glorious season and a happy new year!
Samb

Re: Please remember the single people of the Forum.

Post by Samb »

Same to you Captain, kinda in the same boat.
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Well said Captain. I hope that anyone that feels alone this week
gets a little light from friends, co-workers, religious groups.
or neighbors to make them feel better.

For those that feel depressed / anxious, I hope you explore some
avenues that are available and that it helps you.

Life as a human is certainly complex, short, and unpredictable.

Bob
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you Captain. I too am alone and on Christmas day will be visiting AAPK more than once to read and maybe post, hoping to make a 'connection'.
kj
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Merry Christmas to the single folks here. No irony intended. I do have a family to be with. I remember being young and single, but even then Christmas was not just another day. I seem to recall that when I was thirty being alone during the Holidays was pretty depressing. Books and beer went just so far.
Mel
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank you brother! I truely appreciate the blessing Captain.

I'm blessed to be close with my parrents, & siblings. We are together every year for Christmas (including Ukrainian Chirstmas), I'm so very thankful to the Lord for being born into my family, & HIS family...
I know well, how hard it is for many people out there, it's especially rough when dealing with chronic anexity & depression.

Remember Christ should be the reason for the season; after all, why did he become a human being in the first place...

God bless!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Captain O, we did just what you mentioned today without realizing it. Only problem, it didn't involve people on the Forum.
We had a special dinner for some special folks in our lives, there were 8 of us at the table at noon. Miss Joy and I were the odd ones out, in addition to us there were 2 divorced folks, 1 single adult, 1 widow and 2 widowers. An odd bunch but all seemed happy to enjoy a Christmas meal with friends.
It's kinda' sad to realize that some folks only remember single folks on special occasions but they are single year-round. ::hmm::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Bless you single folk, hope you have a Merry Christmas 🎄 and a Happy New Year. 🥳 🎉 🪅 🎊 🍺.

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”