I would appreciate your prayers

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I would appreciate your prayers

Post by treefarmer »

Folks on The Upper Room Forum have prayed for my wife and I over the years, her open-heart surgery, my join replacements and such.
So I would appreciate your prayers once again as I am scheduled to have a Cardiac Catheterization tomorrow at noon.
During my shoulder replacement I was asked by several folks in the hospital, prior to surgery, if I had a heart doctor, always answered, no.
Several folks suggested I should see a cardiologist to be sure I'm doing okay at my age. Got an appointment with Miss Joy's doctor and he asked a bunch of questions, did an electrocardiogram, everything's okay except my heart rate is low when I'm resting. ::shrug:: So we then do an echocardiogram, same thing, everything is okay.
The doc asked me a few questions and I told him I do get tired and tight sometimes and need to sit down for a few minutes. I told him I had to drag an old big doe up out of the woods a year or so ago and I told him, "This might be how old men have heart attacks!" So, he said you need to do a stress test. I told him I had an artificial knee and the other one was messed up, he said no problem we'll get it done.
I was injected with some dye and scanned, then on a tread mill till heart rate got to 122, then maintained that for 6 minutes on the mill. Then back to another scan. The results, the doc said, shows some sort of blockage so that is where we are.
(A side note, he gave me a little brown bottle of pills, nitros with instructions. Last month when I killed that nice buck I got a little tight after it was over so I took one of them little pills, it didn't do much that I could tell. In a minute or so I was good to go, same as just resting a minute like when I'm digging a fence post hole.)
So tomorrow we'll find out if the doc can punch the blockage out of the way, give me stint or stints or if I'll be an open-heart candidate.
Would appreciate your prayers as we go through this.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
XX Case XX

Re: I would appreciate your prayers

Post by XX Case XX »

Prayers for successful procedure heading Skyward. ::pray:: In Jesus name we pray.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thank you for sharing Philip. We will pray. ::handshake::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Hope all goes well my friend, sounds like you have a good and thorough heart man. ::handshake::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

My prayers for you Philip, and especially will be praying tomorrow while you’re in surgery. I’ve been there, done it twice (second time I was actually having a “heart attack” - the doctor implanted a stent in one of the arteries that time). I don’t remember much of the procedure but got to watch a video of it the next morning. That was seven years ago. I’ve had two stress tests since then with “normal” results.

Hope they give you a clean bill of health and if so you’ll likely be on your way home in a couple of hours. ::tu:: If you do have some blockage they’ll be able to find it and you may get a stent or two which means you might have to stay overnight. Sounds like you’ve got a good doctor.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Prayers for you, Phil

These days a cardiac cath is not such a big deal. It can be done through a small artery in the wrist,
rather than the much larger femoral artery in the groin. I hope that is all you need ...
::pray::
Stents are no fun; got 4 of them myself. ::facepalm::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

treefarmer, I will keep praying for you until this issue is resolved. Thank you for letting us share this concern.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Good Luck Treefarmer on your cath,,,,we all will be thinking of you bud...
I know I did much better when they went thru the wrist,
2 that way, 2 thru groin, 6 stints total I have
Keep us posted when ya can Ol Pard

Stag
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Father, I lift Philip up to You asking for You to bless him with Your peace, power, strength, and comfort. I pray You will bless the doctors with Your wisdom and skill. All for Your glory in Jesus' name. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Holy Father.. I pray along with my brothers for Philip. Please guide the surgeon as he performs this procedure. Please give Phillip comfort and peace in knowing you are his Father and he is your child. Please let Phillip come out of this surgery with a renewed heart. Both physically and spiritually. We thank you Father for the good gifts you give us as your children.

In the name of our Savior Jesus Christ we pray.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Praying for you Phil and also for Miss Joy that all will go well for you through this.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Thank you, my friends, for the kind words and prayers.
It's in the Lord's hands, he'll guide the doctor to discover what is causing the blockage. We have no idea how serious this may be or how trivial it may be. I have to look at it like the old country song that was worded something like, "I'm a winner either way, if I go or if I stay". ::tu::
Try to update later today.
Treefarmer

Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

treefarmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:30 pm Thank you, my friends, for the kind words and prayers.
It's in the Lord's hands, he'll guide the doctor to discover what is causing the blockage. We have no idea how serious this may be or how trivial it may be. I have to look at it like the old country song that was worded something like, "I'm a winner either way, if I go or if I stay". ::tu::
Try to update later today.
Treefarmer
Great attitude . You’re in our Prayers .
Please do keep us posted when you’re able to. ::handshake::
JP
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

treefarmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:20 am Folks on The Upper Room Forum have prayed for my wife and I over the years, her open-heart surgery, my join replacements and such.
So I would appreciate your prayers once again as I am scheduled to have a Cardiac Catheterization tomorrow at noon.
During my shoulder replacement I was asked by several folks in the hospital, prior to surgery, if I had a heart doctor, always answered, no.
Several folks suggested I should see a cardiologist to be sure I'm doing okay at my age. Got an appointment with Miss Joy's doctor and he asked a bunch of questions, did an electrocardiogram, everything's okay except my heart rate is low when I'm resting. ::shrug:: So we then do an echocardiogram, same thing, everything is okay.
The doc asked me a few questions and I told him I do get tired and tight sometimes and need to sit down for a few minutes. I told him I had to drag an old big doe up out of the woods a year or so ago and I told him, "This might be how old men have heart attacks!" So, he said you need to do a stress test. I told him I had an artificial knee and the other one was messed up, he said no problem we'll get it done.
I was injected with some dye and scanned, then on a tread mill till heart rate got to 122, then maintained that for 6 minutes on the mill. Then back to another scan. The results, the doc said, shows some sort of blockage so that is where we are.
(A side note, he gave me a little brown bottle of pills, nitros with instructions. Last month when I killed that nice buck I got a little tight after it was over so I took one of them little pills, it didn't do much that I could tell. In a minute or so I was good to go, same as just resting a minute like when I'm digging a fence post hole.)
So tomorrow we'll find out if the doc can punch the blockage out of the way, give me stint or stints or if I'll be an open-heart candidate.
Would appreciate your prayers as we go through this.
Treefarmer
::pray::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Sending prayers for you Farmer, hoping you don't have to open heart surgery but if you do they know what they are doing, had two stents put in in '09 nothing much to it. You will be digging post holes in no time a"tall iff'in that the route they take. ::handshake:: ::pray::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Our thoughts and prayers are headed your way tf.
Hang in there!! 👍
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Prayers for you Phillip that all will go well and to give you and Miss Joy peace and comfort.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
TPK

Post by TPK »

Count me in my friend. ::pray::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I hope everything went well today! Back in 2009, when I went for mine, open heart surgery was the better long term option. I hope it is something simple for you!!!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Sorry I'm so late in posting, I've been praying for you today, but I had trouble with my Internet this morning and lost my post.

I'll be praying for you and Miss Joy and guidance for the hands of the doctors, that their hands may be steadier than they ever have been and their wisdom and insight might be magnified by the Holy Spirit. Doctors can do many wonderful things, but I do believe healing only comes from the Lord.

God bless you Phil, you got a lot of for coverage on your six here!
Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Thanks again for the prayers and good wishes! ::handshake::
Got through the Cath, blockages to be treated with meds. Rest and light duty (no lifting above 5 pounds) for a few days then back to normal, hopefully.
Thank the Lord for His guidance!
Treefarmer

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:32 pm Thanks again for the prayers and good wishes! ::handshake::
Got through the Cath, blockages to be treated with meds. Rest and light duty (no lifting above 5 pounds) for a few days then back to normal, hopefully.
Thank the Lord for His guidance!
Treefarmer
Amen Phil and you do what the Doc's tell you.... ::pray::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

That is good news, take it easy until you're cleared for activity!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Thanks for the update, Phil.
Praise the Lord for the good news.
You rest, we'll pray!

Father, thank You for You care of Phil. I pray You will continue to bless him with a quick recovery. Give him Your wisdom and protect him from overdoing. For Your glory in Jesus's name. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Phil that's great news. Now mind your doc. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”