I could use some prayers

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

I could use some prayers

Post by Colonel26 »

Y’all know I haven’t been on the site much lately, just haven’t felt up to it. All 5 of us came down with the COVID a few weeks ago, all at the same time. Thanks be to God it was not as bad as I have seen it with others. But man has it zapped my strength and energy, and I’m dealing with some side effects as well. It seems the virus attacked some nerves in my left leg. I’ve had sciatica pain pretty bad for a while, thankfully that is about over. The remaining issue is that it has caused neuropathy in my left foot. It’s pretty painful and I’m walking pretty slowly. I’m taking meds for it, and that has thrown my sugar through the roof, but thankfully that too is coming back down some.

So I’d appreciate it if y’all could pray that this foot and leg heal up so that I can walk and get around without all this pain, and that I get some strength back. I realize that my issues are very mild compared to others, but if you have some space in your prayers, slip me in.

Thanks guys.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: I could use some prayers

Post by Dinadan »

I will keep you in mind, Colonel. My wife and daughter both have covid right now, but somehow I have escaped, or at least I have no symptoms.
Mel
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Bro. Wade, sorry to hear y’all have been in contact with the China virus.
Praying the Lord will bless you with the relief you desire. ::pray::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Best to ya Wade, hopefully its just a lingering effect and time will heal

Stag
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Wade you all are in my prayers, I know exactly what you're going through.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:20 am
I realize that my issues are very mild compared to others, but if you have some space in your prayers, slip me in.

Thanks guys.
I just been listening to the Gospels again in my shop when I'm out there working. Jesus did all kinds of Miracles when he was here and the stories are in the Gospels as you know. He made blind people see, deaf people hear, cast out demons and made dead people live. All very important to the people that he healed. Yet he also took time to turn water into wine go a wedding in Cana cuz they run out which was a real embarrassment to the host family. With a little prompting from his mom he saved the wedding and the reputation of the family. And when a bunch of children wanted to come see him, the disciples tried to shoo them away and Jesus chewed them out.
He was just as concerned about the kids seeing him as he was about raising Lazarus from the dead. I don't think Jesus cares if you got a bad illness, or a mild illness he seemed to heal people pretty much everything in the Bible. That tells me he cares about people about making a Big Splash in the headlines.

Lord, we lift up brother Wade to you and ask that you heal him and the other folks have got covid with him. We thank you that it wasn't real serious cases but we pray Lord that you would remove every trace of that disease from their bodies!
This is our prayer in the name of Jesus Amen.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Praying for you and yours Wade. No concern is too small or too big for our Lord. I hope you are soon back to 100%. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you brothers.

Dale, Philco, you’re absolutely right. And Dale that was wonderfully put (I might have to steal that one for a sermon).

I know and am thankful that He cares about the least of our problems. What I was trying to get at in my awkward way was, folks have so many problems greater than my light afflictions that I’ve just always hated to burden others with my cares.

But I so very much do appreciate the prayers and concern of the brethren here. Thank you guys.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Prayers being offered Colonel.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I understand completely Wade. I will pray for you and your family.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Holy Father... please touch Wade's body and give him healing from the effects of this terrible disease. Father, we know you will bring judgement on the people who released this awful disease on the world. We get angry when we see how this disease effects people and even takes the lives of those around us. Please help us to remember that we must pray for each other and support each other during hard times. Your word tells us we must also pray for our enemies and those who spitefully use us. Father, it is so hard to pray for these people. Please give us the strength we need to do what is told to us in your word.
Father, most of all please give comfort, strength and healing to our brother Wade. Please heal his mind and spirit as well as his body.

We ask these things in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Praying you get through this Wade!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sorry to read this, Colonel, but glad it wasn't as bad as it has afflicted others. Prayers for you and your family. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

My thoughts are with you, Sir; brighter days ahead! ::tu::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you guys. Much appreciated.
Robert E. Lee
TPK

Post by TPK »

::pray::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

The Lord has gotten you through, & He continues to hold you up by His power, & His grace.

Of course, as you already know, He doesn't promise tuff things wont happen in life.
But He does promise He'll be with us, through it all.

God bless brother!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
eveled

Post by eveled »

::pray::
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I missed this request, Wade. Prayers lifted up for healing for you and your family. I trust the Lord's Good Will will see each and every one of you through this and you have complete healing. May His Mercy & Grace provide you all with an inner strength to endure. Blessings to you and yours. ::pray::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Beat it Wade I'll be praying for ya ::pray::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Prayers sent for you and your family neighbor. ::pray::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you gentlemen. I’m still hurting, but there has been some improvement. Thanks be to God.
Robert E. Lee
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Wade, sorry to hear of your family troubles. I will pray that your lingering health issues will clear up quickly!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you Glenn.

*** Update.

The leg issue is getting worse. I took today off and went to my doctor. We’re pretty sure now I have cellulitis in that leg. Sooo, please keep praying.

But, on the bright side…

“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Robert E. Lee
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Our prayers sent Wade!! Hang in there!!
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”