ROLAND UPDATE

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: ROLAND UPDATE

Post by Quick Steel »

bump
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

orvet wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:04 am Lord, I ask for your grace and mercy on behalf of Roland. May he know Your peace.

I ask this in the name of Jesus,
Amen.
Amen!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Roland, you may not be able to read this. Just know we all care about you and are praying for you.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

So sorry to read this, praying for comfort. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Very saddened to learn of this.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jwwood

Post by jwwood »

KJ praying for you and hope you get better soon. Miss your post. jwwood
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Praying for Peace and Comfort for you, Roland. In Jesus Name...
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

When I was checking for new posts I suddenly felt the need to pray once again for Roland.

Heavenly Father,
As we pause here for a moment, let us lift our friend and our brother Roland to You. Father we desire our friend to be back with us, daily sharing in the passion of our common love of knives. No matter what, we know Your will shall be done and “that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Lord we can’t always understand why things happen to us but as hard as it may be we just have to trust Your judgement and Your perfect will in all our lives.
Father we earnestly pray for a miracle of healing and restored health but if that is not Your will for Roland, and You are calling him home soon, then Father please let his journey be peaceful and without pain. Father bless the medical personnel that are caring for him, may their decisions be centered around what is best for Roland mentally and physically. Comfort and care for family and loved ones Lord. Please give them understanding where there is none, and the blessed assurance that You Lord are still in control of all things. Father in all things bring glory and honor to Yourself and we pray in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

dlr110 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:40 pm When I was checking for new posts I suddenly felt the need to pray once again for Roland.

Heavenly Father,
As we pause here for a moment, let us lift our friend and our brother Roland to You. Father we desire our friend to be back with us, daily sharing in the passion of our common love of knives. No matter what, we know Your will shall be done and “that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Lord we can’t always understand why things happen to us but as hard as it may be we just have to trust Your judgement and Your perfect will in all our lives.
Father we earnestly pray for a miracle of healing and restored health but if that is not Your will for Roland, and You are calling him home soon, then Father please let his journey be peaceful and without pain. Father bless the medical personnel that are caring for him, may their decisions be centered around what is best for Roland mentally and physically. Comfort and care for family and loved ones Lord. Please give them understanding where there is none, and the blessed assurance that You Lord are still in control of all things. Father in all things bring glory and honor to Yourself and we pray in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen
Lord, I can't speak any words better than what David has, so I echo to you his prayer...In Jesus Name.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Amen. May all be done according to your will, Father.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Amen brother David!
Campbellclanman

Post by Campbellclanman »

Roland I consider a friend, and the only reason I am posting this is because Roland is looked upon very favourably here in AAPK, so because there isn't a lot of news about our friend about, I thought I would update - simply for your benefits, so you can think of Roland and send him positive thoughts with care.

Roland and I - we have communicated a lot over the years through e-mail, then this led to many phone calls.

Roland I think is a very tough guy as he for many years struggled with a horrible sleep depravity, this really effected him- as it would.

Then this ::teary_eyes::
I was thrilled to hear the energy and enthusiasm in his voice after the Surgery, but this was short lived, I wish I was very much closer to Roland to help him out.

He told me a lot about his amazing Log Cabin type of getaway house he had that backed onto the National Park - he sent me photos and fantastic descriptions of the surrounding land etc, absolutely beautiful, be it somewhat isolated, so with the sleep depravity it made it hard to continue the upkeep- of course it would- it would to any man!

I rang Roland a few days ago and he was struggling very much then and he asked that this was the last time to speak - it took so so much from him that it was near impossible, the phone call was quite impossible too if you could imagine saying goodbye to a Pal.

Emails continued just for a few days - that too has become extremely tiring.

Its been not nice at all knowing Roland is in this space - terribly upsetting, I hope that when the time arrives for him to leave our Earth as we know it, that he continues to travel, and that he travels well.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Could you possibly post a picture of Roland? I have a mental image of what he looks like but would love to see a pic. Thank you for the update.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Campbellclanman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:04 pm Roland I consider a friend, and the only reason I am posting this is because Roland is looked upon very favourably here in AAPK, so because there isn't a lot of news about our friend about, I thought I would update - simply for your benefits, so you can think of Roland and send him positive thoughts with care.

Roland and I - we have communicated a lot over the years through e-mail, then this led to many phone calls.

Roland I think is a very tough guy as he for many years struggled with a horrible sleep depravity, this really effected him- as it would.

Then this ::teary_eyes::
I was thrilled to hear the energy and enthusiasm in his voice after the Surgery, but this was short lived, I wish I was very much closer to Roland to help him out.

He told me a lot about his amazing Log Cabin type of getaway house he had that backed onto the National Park - he sent me photos and fantastic descriptions of the surrounding land etc, absolutely beautiful, be it somewhat isolated, so with the sleep depravity it made it hard to continue the upkeep- of course it would- it would to any man!

I rang Roland a few days ago and he was struggling very much then and he asked that this was the last time to speak - it took so so much from him that it was near impossible, the phone call was quite impossible too if you could imagine saying goodbye to a Pal.

Emails continued just for a few days - that too has become extremely tiring.

Its been not nice at all knowing Roland is in this space - terribly upsetting, I hope that when the time arrives for him to leave our Earth as we know it, that he continues to travel, and that he travels well.
Thanks for this post, Duncan. I try to think postitive thoughts for Roland every day. Not to get better, but to find peace.
Dan
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

I too share a fond and personal connection with Roland as many in the knife community have. I have 2 of his special folding knives in my permanent collection intentionally to keep his memory alive in my life. I will cherish our connections, mutual trust and honest horse trading. Be well my friend and know that you are loved.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

bestgear wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:21 pm I too share a fond and personal connection with Roland as many in the knife community have. I have 2 of his special folding knives in my permanent collection intentionally to keep his memory alive in my life. I will cherish our connections, mutual trust and honest horse trading. Be well my friend and know that you are loved.
Amen....
I too have a few knives in my collection from Roland. One in particular, my first and BEST 2OT came from Roland. Every time I look at this knife I think of Roland. He contacted me about selling it to me and he gave me a great deal on it. Roland also gave me a "heads up" on a knife that I consider the GEM of my Old Timer collection...... A Craftsman 2OT in MINT condition. WOW.... talk about RARE!
Roland, my wish is that you receive a huge blessing from our Lord .... I look forward to walking the streets of Glory and talking knives with you, my friend.
God speed Roland....
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Life or death,I hope the best for Roland. I knew Roland from the BF days, where he was unfairly banned by Elliot(Blues). BF lost a good member when that happened, Blues used his "power" in a very weak and pathetic way. He went by KootneyJoe or close, always remember the pic of him on the atv with his daughter.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

just bob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:45 pm Could you possibly post a picture of Roland? I have a mental image of what he looks like but would love to see a pic. Thank you for the update.
Bob, there is a picture of Roland on aapk somewhere holding a sword or large knife. I don't remember what thread.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I continue to hope for the best for Roland. And I have to wonder: as he is a well-esteemed member of this community, did he designate someone to let us know when he's gone to be with the Lord?
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Here is a picture of Roland from 2018. A great knifer and friend. We wish you gods speed Roland.
Attachments
20220809_201346.jpg
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Greg, thanks for sharing that photo. It means a lot to many of us. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Greg.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

I was able to purchase a good bunch of his knives and he didn’t have to but wanted to make sure that the buyer was overly satisfied with the knives that he sold to you, If more people were like him the world would be a much much better place.
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
just bob

Post by just bob »

gsmith7158 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:18 am Here is a picture of Roland from 2018. A great knifer and friend. We wish you gods speed Roland.

Thank you so much for posting that. The fact is that's not far off from the mental image I have had of Roland. Still meditating and praying for a positive update.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

just bob wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:26 pm
gsmith7158 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:18 am Here is a picture of Roland from 2018. A great knifer and friend. We wish you gods speed Roland.

Thank you so much for posting that. The fact is that's not far off from the mental image I have had of Roland. Still meditating and praying for a positive update.
It’s great to have a picture of Roland here !
Very instrumental person to many of us here .
So many kind words , must say it’s really nice to see everyone come together here and show such support . ::handshake::
JP

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”