Covid is back with a vengeance around here

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Meridian_Mike

Covid is back with a vengeance around here

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Good morning everyone.

I just wanted to put an alert out there for everyone here on the Upper Room Forum.

Covid is already hitting us hard around my area even though it is not cold or flu season yet.
My wife has had it for almost a week now, I have had it, SEVERAL of my wife's co-workers have it RIGHT NOW .... AND several cases have been confirmed in our community. Covid is NOT a cold weather disease!

My wife is a health care worker and she works in a clinical environment. She told me that their protocol has, for some time now, been to wear masks on a daily basis when they are in contact with patients (so basically CONSTANTLY while at work). That seems like a very good practice..... BUT it does look like covid is still getting through to health care workers.
Then, the HCWs bring it home to their families where everyone gets sick.
We have dropped our guard!

I say that to say this.....
PLEASE remember that covid is STILL OUT THERE. Please be cautious around the sick and elderly.

We need to continue to pray for our country and our leaders.
We really need to check on the elderly and make sure they have WHAT THEY NEED. The only way to know if someone needs help IS TO ASK them. Give your friends and family a call and see if they know of someone who needs help. Then pitch in and help those in need.

We have ALL got to practice what we preach and show those in need the Love of Christ.

I wanted to share this because this is beginning to weigh heavily on my mind. The covid illness is STILL HERE. It will never go away. We have to learn how to live with it and help each other get through it.

Holy Father, may Your love be shown through Your children.....
Let your light shine brothers and sisters!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
rea1eye

Re: Covid is back with a vengeance around here

Post by rea1eye »

Same here. One of my co-workers ( happens to be a healthcare worker) has
had it 3 times ( vaccinated), the last being 3 weeks ago. We have patients
with Covid in the hospital and there are several workers in active
quarantine.

Bob
just bob

Post by just bob »

I have a friend that is a healthcare worker in a city near me. She said locally cases are on the rise, but they are advising people to only self-quarantine for 2 weeks. Then I saw on the news where they're saying younger people don't even need to self-quarantine. Have we turned a corner and the virus became so watered down that it is no more threatening than a mild case of the flu or the common cold. Likely the elderly and those with health concerns need to take precautions Many here still wearing masks.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I had it despite being double vaccinated and double boosted. My symptoms were mild, nasal congestion and a cough. Never had a fever. I just figured i had a common cold and wouldn't have even bothered to take the COVID test but my wife encouraged me to take it and was sorta surprised when it was positive.

Called my doctor who said since I was vaccinated it was not surprising my symptoms were mild but to stay isolated and call if symptoms worsened. They didn't.

I just used an OTC nasal spray decongestant (worked great BTW) and expectorant cough syrup. Lasted about 5 days (the cough held on longest) and then I was feeling normal again. I've had worse and longer lasting common colds. After symptoms were gone I took another test, it was still positive so called the doctor again - they told me they don't recommend re-testing because dead COVID virus remains in the body sometimes for weeks and the test can't tell the difference, so it's not unusual to have a positive result even weeks after having it. Said if symptoms are gone and it's been at least a week since they appeared I was no longer contagious.

My wife never got it.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

The fact that people who are multiple vaxxed and still getting the coof, and the fact that is is still under Emergency Authorization Use, because the "vaccine" can not pass on its own merit. Quit passing fear propaganda. Pneumonia kills a lot of people over the years in my life, it was never a talking point.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:01 pm Good morning everyone.

I just wanted to put an alert out there for everyone here on the Upper Room Forum.

Covid is already hitting us hard around my area even though it is not cold or flu season yet.
My wife has had it for almost a week now, I have had it, SEVERAL of my wife's co-workers have it RIGHT NOW .... AND several cases have been confirmed in our community. Covid is NOT a cold weather disease!

My wife is a health care worker and she works in a clinical environment. She told me that their protocol has, for some time now, been to wear masks on a daily basis when they are in contact with patients (so basically CONSTANTLY while at work). That seems like a very good practice..... BUT it does look like covid is still getting through to health care workers.
Then, the HCWs bring it home to their families where everyone gets sick.
We have dropped our guard!

I say that to say this.....
PLEASE remember that covid is STILL OUT THERE. Please be cautious around the sick and elderly.

We need to continue to pray for our country and our leaders.
We really need to check on the elderly and make sure they have WHAT THEY NEED. The only way to know if someone needs help IS TO ASK them. Give your friends and family a call and see if they know of someone who needs help. Then pitch in and help those in need.

We have ALL got to practice what we preach and show those in need the Love of Christ.

I wanted to share this because this is beginning to weigh heavily on my mind. The covid illness is STILL HERE. It will never go away. We have to learn how to live with it and help each other get through it.

Holy Father, may Your love be shown through Your children.....
Let your light shine brothers and sisters!
I will keep this brief, but very interesting what you say. We have different start dates to the seasons over here, we are in the last week of Winter here, one month ago Covid cases were surging, but in the last week have dropped dramatically. It just seems that it appears to peak during Winter, cold, flu season, but that is only an observation on my behalf. Whatever, you stay safe over there. ::handshake:: ::tu::
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Montanaman wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:28 pm The fact that people who are multiple vaxxed and still getting the coof, and the fact that is is still under Emergency Authorization Use, because the "vaccine" can not pass on its own merit. Quit passing fear propaganda. Pneumonia kills a lot of people over the years in my life, it was never a talking point.
I never thought I would hear a statement that ignorant from you.

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”