Answered Prayer

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Answered Prayer

Post by orvet »

I know a lot of you guys have been praying for my wife and my daughter. And you also prayed for my mom before she passed.
I want you to know how grateful we are for your prayers but I also wanted to share with you an answered prayer today.

Last week when we went to see Alyson's oncologist he said the tumors on her liver had shrunk to about half the size and that chemotherapy was no longer necessary but that in 30 days she would start on a medication that would keep the tumors from growing and hopefully even strengthen them further. He did caution us that the medication was quite expensive. I thought he said $2,000 to $4,000 per month. I misunderstood him, he actually said the cost of the medication was $20,000 to $40,000 per month! He also said they had a team in his office that helped people find ways to pay for the medication if they needed it and qualified.
Today, Alyson got a call from a lady on that team who is trying to figure out just how much we would have to pay for the medication. She said she had run the numbers through Medicare and our copay would be $3,044.16 per month! Alyson also has secondary insurance through CHAMPVA since I am a 100% service connected disabled veteran. The lady said she had not ran the numbers through the CHAMPVA insurance yet but she would call back when she knew what our total copay would be.

Alyson and I immediately prayed asking the Lord to take care of this because there's no way we can afford $3,000 a month for medication. She also posted to Facebook to a friends group who pray for her and three of them answered back immediately that they would be praying. 20 minutes later Alyson got a phone call from the same lady who said she had run the numbers through CHAMPVA and now had a number for our copay. Our monthly copay for her new medication is $0 per month!

The Lord is faithful to answer prayers, sometimes it seems that he is slow to answer, but he's always faithful and always answers our prayers. It kind of blew us away when he answered within 20 minutes!

I just thought you guys might appreciate knowing how well the Lord is taking care of Alyson!
Thank you Father!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Answered Prayer

Post by Quick Steel »

Dale, I am so pleased to learn how mightily your prayers were answered. Thank you Lord. You are just and holy.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

God is good all the time. I'm so happy for this news Dale. ::tu::

God can make a way where there is no way.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

God bless your family, Dale.
Joe
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Dale I'm so happy for you and Alyson. That news has brought me to tears to see how our Lord and Savior can work out any of our needs and that Alyson will get the medication she needs. We worship such an awesome God that loves us unconditionally and provides for our needs. God bless you.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Praise God.____Dave
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

So happy to read this AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmen!!!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Certainly good news. I hope the medication works well with few
side effects.

Bob
Oledadsknives

Post by Oledadsknives »

The power of Prayer, Believe It!!!
You can lead a person to wisdom, but you can’t make them think ::nod::
Where I am is where I’ll be!!
Jimbo
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

When there is not a way, He will make a way!

I see a lot of people post about the power of prayer.
I am not saying that they are wrong, because I know exactly what they mean. In the way that they mean the phrase, they are exactly right. I do NOT say this to rebuke or correct anyone, but only to use a teachable moment.

I have said from the pulpit that "I do not believe in the power of prayer. Instead, I believe in the power of the One who hears my prayers."
The first sentence gets their attention. People are riveted to you when you make a statement like that in church. The second focuses on our Savior.
I only say this in order to praise the Name of Jesus! He is good, all the time, and His love toward His children never ceases, never weakens.
I am so thankful that He heard your prayers, and answered "Yes!"
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Reverand wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:14 pm When there is not a way, He will make a way!

I see a lot of people post about the power of prayer.
I am not saying that they are wrong, because I know exactly what they mean. In the way that they mean the phrase, they are exactly right. I do NOT say this to rebuke or correct anyone, but only to use a teachable moment.

I have said from the pulpit that "I do not believe in the power of prayer. Instead, I believe in the power of the One who hears my prayers."
The first sentence gets their attention. People are riveted to you when you make a statement like that in church. The second focuses on our Savior.
I only say this in order to praise the Name of Jesus! He is good, all the time, and His love toward His children never ceases, never weakens.
I am so thankful that He heard your prayers, and answered "Yes!"

AMEN!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Praise be to our Lord and savior. ::pray::