Roosters still being produced?

Frank Buster started the Fight'n Rooster line of knives shortly after he first visited the Olbertz factory back in 1975. The old tooling and handle variations that the German factory offered allowed Frank to contract an astounding variation of extremely high quality German manufactured knives.
Gayle1958

Roosters still being produced?

Postby Gayle1958 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:01 am

I have many FR's and I am always looking for new pieces. I have been told that production has stopped and only produce or two knives a year. Can anyone clear this up for me? I did read that the antique store did close down. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gayle Green

olderdogs1
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Roosters still being produced?

Postby olderdogs1 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Gayle,
Sterling Buster, Frank's son, is in charge of Fight'n Roosters now. No knives have been made in Germany in recent years. They have however made a Switchblade recently and a Damascus Push Dagger. Both were made in the USA.
There are a lot of the German made ones on listed on Ebay at present. Ebay will not allow the switchblades or Push Daggers to be listed on the ebay site.

Tom

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:20 am

I have seen F'nRoosters that i thought were very recently made even though marked with a "Celebrated" or "& Son" stamping.
Tom, you know more about these than i but are you sure that Stirling has not added a few knives after his father's death ?
kj

olderdogs1
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby olderdogs1 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:15 am

Roland,
The "Frank Buster Cutlery co. Stamp was used prior to 83, then the celebrated was added. Alter 94 the "Frank Buster & Son began. Not sure exactly when Frank Passed but I don't believe Sterling had any knives made in Germany after that.
If he does I believe he plans to use his own stamp.

Tom

Return to “Fight'n Rooster Collector's Forum”