Roosters still being produced?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Gayle1958

Roosters still being produced?

Post by Gayle1958 »

I have many FR's and I am always looking for new pieces. I have been told that production has stopped and only produce or two knives a year. Can anyone clear this up for me? I did read that the antique store did close down. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gayle Green
olderdogs1

Re: Roosters still being produced?

Post by olderdogs1 »

Gayle,
Sterling Buster, Frank's son, is in charge of Fight'n Roosters now. No knives have been made in Germany in recent years. They have however made a Switchblade recently and a Damascus Push Dagger. Both were made in the USA.
There are a lot of the German made ones on listed on Ebay at present. Ebay will not allow the switchblades or Push Daggers to be listed on the ebay site.

Tom
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I have seen F'nRoosters that i thought were very recently made even though marked with a "Celebrated" or "& Son" stamping.
Tom, you know more about these than i but are you sure that Stirling has not added a few knives after his father's death ?
kj
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Roland,
The "Frank Buster Cutlery co. Stamp was used prior to 83, then the celebrated was added. Alter 94 the "Frank Buster & Son began. Not sure exactly when Frank Passed but I don't believe Sterling had any knives made in Germany after that.
If he does I believe he plans to use his own stamp.

Tom

Return to “European-made knives”