NEW 2019 Release from Fight'N Rooster.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

NEW 2019 Release from Fight'N Rooster.

Post by Old Folder »

I received the below email yesterday from "Red Hill Cutlery"

https://redhillcutlery.com/product-cate ... ster-2019/

Mr. Sterling Buster, son of Frank Buster of Fight'n Rooster Cutlery Company has revived his family's famous cutlery company and we just received our FIRST shipment of NEW goods!! Red Hill Cutlery would like to introduce you to the NEW One-Armed "TallBoy".
This slim razor jack has elongated backspring that can attach to keychain if desired.
-- OVER 15 NEW KNIVES --
**Please Note: These will not ship until after the Fourth of July holiday.

If you want to get in on the ground floor, here is your opportunity.

What is your opinion of Frank's first batch?
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Cletus Awreetus

Re: NEW 2019 Release from Fight'N Rooster.

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

always liked the brand, not crazy about this knife but...I'll buy one. If it weren't a real Buster reviving the line, I probably would not. thx for the tip!
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I used to collect Fight'n Rooster knives with a focus on the 'first generation' ones, 1978-'82. Had well over 100 of them. Sterling Buster has been having F'n R knives made for about the last 20+ years and his early ones had the same tang markings as his father's 3rd Gen. knives which i felt was a bit dishonest so i never bought any.
You ask for opinions on these new ones at Red Hill so i will say that i find them quite unattractive. I would not post a disparaging comment if you had not asked for opinions.
I think many brands currently making Traditional style folding knives will have a hard time getting buyers because GEC is making a wide variety of outstanding Traditional pattern knives to fully satisfy most collectors.
kj
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Since you asked........Very ugly..
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Sorry. From the straight razor type blade to the elongated liner, it just doesn't do anything for me.
I'm not impressed with any of the handle offerings, either.

But that's me.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I hate to pile on, but I am not impress with these either. Especially at the price and for acrylic handles. I hope this isn’t an indication of what’s in store for the future.
I haven’t collected these in the past, I was unaware of the issues KJ mentioned. I think I will just continue collecting GEC, S&M, Case, Moki, Mcusta, Al Mar and a few others, only so many dollars to spread around anyway.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

...that can attach to a keychain if desired.
A keychain with a 4" knife attached seems like a burden to lug around.

Dennis
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The early Fight'n Rooster knives, "Frank Buster Cutlery Co." 1977-'82 and the 'second generation' ones "Frank Buster Celebrated Cutlery", 1983-'94, had some very well made knives. Actually all were well made but those with celluloid handles have not held up well due to out gassing. Those with stag or jigged bone are good examples of 'old world' Germany craftsmanship, made in the Olbertz factory but with much hands on work.
The Fight'n Rooster book shows a picture of Frank Buster's home near Lebanon TN. in 1968. "You can't tell me anything about poverty" is what this 'house' shows. But 20 years later and his new house looks to be about 7,000 or so square feet and he's driving a white Stretch Lincoln limo !
The guy had flare and determination.
kj
ps i still have one of the most rare F'nR's a 1977 jigged bone Muskrat if anyone really wants it. Not for free though. :wink:
Attachments
IMGP6963.JPG
IMGP6964.JPG
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

I have to chip in.
For me, they actually kind of appeal to me. Real funky kind of design. The fixed blade look quite nice. Overall they seem to be quite nice knives, for the first run. Imagine what these are going to be worth down the road! ::hmm::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Old Folder wrote:I received the below email yesterday from "Red Hill Cutlery"

https://redhillcutlery.com/product-cate ... ster-2019/

Mr. Sterling Buster, son of Frank Buster of Fight'n Rooster Cutlery Company has revived his family's famous cutlery company and we just received our FIRST shipment of NEW goods!! Red Hill Cutlery would like to introduce you to the NEW One-Armed "TallBoy".
This slim razor jack has elongated backspring that can attach to keychain if desired.
-- OVER 15 NEW KNIVES --
**Please Note: These will not ship until after the Fourth of July holiday.

If you want to get in on the ground floor, here is your opportunity.

What is your opinion of Sterling's first batch?
I guess my expectations were greater than the results. ::hmm::
However, I will purchase one (1).
I look forward to Sterling's next batch.
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
256modified

Post by 256modified »

Does anyone have any idea if Sterling is going to re!ease a new batch of Sunfish knives? Those are my favorite and the ones that I collect. 8)
wlf

Post by wlf »

Roland
That house pictured looks like the house I was born in, we had another low room built on. 1952-57
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Lyle, you should see the house that Frank Buster had built for himself, a large rambling estate. I do like the look of the old house. It shows a now long gone 'homestead' type of time. And you also got to experience the end of that era.
kj

Return to “European-made knives”