1st Gen Fight N Rooster Coca Cola Pattern??

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
comfixr

1st Gen Fight N Rooster Coca Cola Pattern??

Post by comfixr »

I recently added this knife to my collection, but I cannot find anything at all about it. The only one that I did find that looked just like it, said that it was a German Eye. This is a Fight N Rooster 1 of 600 #001. It looks like a barehead peanut in a way. I've never seen another Rooster with this pattern. Can anyone tell me what this pattern is called?
Attachments
Coke.jpg
Coke2.jpg
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 1st Gen Fight N Rooster Coca Cola Pattern??

Post by Old Folder »

comfixr wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:16 pm I recently added this knife to my collection, but I cannot find anything at all about it. The only one that I did find that looked just like it, said that it was a German Eye. This is a Fight N Rooster 1 of 600 #001. It looks like a barehead peanut in a way. I've never seen another Rooster with this pattern. Can anyone tell me what this pattern is called?
I believe it could be referred to as a "Reverse Gunstock?" ::shrug::
Nice Fight'n Rooster comfixr.
Frank Buster seldom made "Rat Tail" bolstered knives.
Also, the handle material is unique. For 600 made, I have never seen your Rooster before. Thanks for sharing. ::nod::

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
comfixr

Post by comfixr »

Old Folder wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:58 pm
comfixr wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:16 pm I recently added this knife to my collection, but I cannot find anything at all about it. The only one that I did find that looked just like it, said that it was a German Eye. This is a Fight N Rooster 1 of 600 #001. It looks like a barehead peanut in a way. I've never seen another Rooster with this pattern. Can anyone tell me what this pattern is called?
I believe it could be referred to as a "Reverse Gunstock?" ::shrug::
Nice Fight'n Rooster comfixr.
Frank Buster seldom made "Rat Tail" bolstered knives.
Also, the handle material is unique. For 600 made, I have never seen your Rooster before. Thanks for sharing. ::nod::

Dan
I found one the other day exactly like it except this guys blade had Fancy Lady on it. Lol, he said this one was the first one he'd ever seen like his.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

You need to get a copy of James Parker's book "Fight'n Rooster Knives, Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow". He shows almost every F'nR made along with production numbers. Yours is shown on page 179 and he calls it a "Serpentine Jack". Has Butter & Molasses celluloid handles and a Coca Cola blade etch and is 3" closed length. 600 were made. It is a "First Generation" F'nR so made before 1982.
Fight'n Rooster knives were made in the Olbertz factory in Solingen, same factory that makes the Eye Brand knives.
kj

Return to “European-made knives”