Large Fightn Rooster

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Potechop

Large Fightn Rooster

Post by Potechop »

Was at a pawn shop this week and was looking at some case knives when the owner showed me two larger Frank Buster knives. One was three blade and must have been 10 - 12 inches long . Must have weighed a couple of pounds . Looked just like a normal fightn rooster but was ten times bigger. Don’t know if it was used by salesman or a store display. Had celluloid handles and the blades were engraved. The other one I think was a muskrat pattern. Celluloid handles to. They didn’t interest me but just wondered if anyone has ever seen these before and what would they be worth. They were both mint. He had a box for one of them the other one didn’t have a box.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Large Fightn Rooster

Post by Old Folder »

Hello Potechop.
Approximate value would be difficult to give without pictures.
If it's possible, perhaps you can return to the pawn shop and ask if you can measure the knives, take a pictures of his two "Frank Buster" knives and the accompanied box? I know that's asking a lot from the Pawn Shop. Inform him you have a potential buyer? I would certainly be interested in them.
As you stated, 10 - 12 inches, does seem a bit long. Most of the Fight'n Rooster Display Knives were from 8" to 9-1/2" long (closed.)

I am not putting your perception in doubt, however, we are so accustomed to observing knives much smaller, I know when I observe a "KOUS" - Knife Of Unusual Size. It always appears much larger than it actually is.

Fight'n Rooster Display knives were made in Sheffield England and Solingen Germany and were marked as such. There were very few made and many were one of a kind and are in private collections. These oversized hand made knives are working models of Fight'n Rooster smaller knives.
Some of these knives have tremendous values.

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Potechop

Post by Potechop »

Thanks for the reply. He caught me off guard when he pulled them out and ask me if I ever seen anything like them before. I was interested in the case knives he had and I didn’t look at them long . I know they both said they were made in Solingen German and I have owned a few Fight’n roosters years ago and the knives were made just like the normal size pocket knives. I will try to get over to the pawnshop soon and get a few pictures and measure them and I will post the pictures for you. I am thinking he told me he paid a couple hundred dollars apiece for them years ago. I believe he would take his money back for them but I didn’t know anything about them and had no idea what they would be worth. They probably were 8 to 9!nches long but I never held a pocket knife that big.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

If he wants what he paid for them, or even a bit more, it may be a good deal?

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan

Return to “European-made knives”