straight razor

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
old timer90

straight razor

Post by old timer90 »

I am new to pocket knives collecting I am just wanting to know about straight razor like what brands are good to get and the one that are not
Jesus is alive
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: straight razor

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Welcome to AAPK! ::tu::

I collect Robeson pocketknives, so I've acquired a few Robeon razors over the years, I do, however, limit myself to razors of historical significance, i.e. pre-1900, razors with a Robeson self-advertising blade etch or handle design, and razors with fancy handles. As Robeson also made and marketed Terrier Cutlery Company items from 1910-1916, I have a few Terrier razors as well.

Generally speaking, razors with plain black or white handles are the most numerous ones found, and they do not have any significant value.

Razors in poor condition are not generally valuable either, although that little rule of thumb does apply to certain Case razors.

There are plenty of good razors out there. Don't buy junk.

If you collect a particular brand of pocketknife, stick with that brand in razors as well.

And, they are very sharp. Be Careful.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”