dubl duck dwarf

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
singin46

dubl duck dwarf

Post by singin46 »

What do you think of this one boys? My father in law had this new in the 50s, he was learnin to be a barber for extra money back in the early 60s. Question is,,,,,, what should I do to the blade to get rid of the minor rust startin to rear it's ugly head?
Attachments
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG
Love all Jacks
buck16
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: dubl duck dwarf

Post by buck16 »

If you have something to test it on first, try 4 ought steel wool. Should do it without scratching. My dad was a barber and interestingly had a DBL Duck.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Send it to Willie.
Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Hey buck, I think a bunch of men had one of these back then. They were everywhere. Thanks for the imput guys, I will try willie, thanks Charlie. ::handshake::
Love all Jacks
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

If I was you, I'd pass on the steel wool, use MOTHER'S Mag and Aluminum polish on it. That stuff has done better for me on cleaning up my nasty razors than just anything short of progressive sanding from 400 grit to 2000 grit.

Secondly, THE DUCKS have a bad habit of celluloid rot. KEEP AN EYE ON IT!

Keep the blade well oiled. The steel on the edge of those those things is very thin and will perforate in heartbeat.

All that being said. NICE little razor, get it honed up and give it a try. :mrgreen: ::tu::
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Perry,
ya know there's stones out there for those things don't ya.
Attachments
015.JPG
Joe
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Saw a NICE DD strop sell on the bay for 125 bucks the other day..

That brand has a LOT of loyalty and close followers.

Everything I've read is that they hone up easy and shave nicely.

That little hone is a bit different than most barber hones. That one has a rougher side to set the bevel on. I've got a similar hone and have used it to set a couple of bevels and finish the blades. They'll get the job done but they aren't the easiest hones to use, I'll tell ya that.

I was fooling around with an old Mappin & Webb that looked rather tired and grungy. No rust, just oxidized and dark.

Shined the front side with nothing but Mothers and an old t-shirt. Probably 5 minutes worth and here's what it looks like now.

I'll have this one cleaned up and shaving in a few days. :mrgreen:
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Thanks for all the help guys! I did get my father-in-law's Strop as well.
Love all Jacks

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”