A bunch of old razors.......

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
knife7knut

A bunch of old razors.......

Post by knife7knut »

Might have posted some before.Hope you enjoy them.
Attachments
2012Razoebox1.jpg
2012RazorBox2.jpg
2012RazorBox3.jpg
2012RazorBox4.jpg
2012RazorBox5.jpg
2012RazorBox6.jpg
2012RazorBox7.jpg
2012RazorBox8.jpg
2012RazorBox9.jpg
2012RazorBox10.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
knife7knut

Re: A bunch of old razors.......

Post by knife7knut »

A few more..............
Attachments
2012RazorBox11.jpg
2012RazorBox12.jpg
2012RazorBox13.jpg
2012RazorBox14.jpg
2012RazorBox15.jpg
2012RazorBox16.jpg
2012RazorBox17.jpg
2012RazorBox18A.jpg
2012RazorBox26.jpg
20123Razors1.jpg
Iron Hoarder

Post by Iron Hoarder »

Those are great. That seven day set is something special.
I measure my collection by the ton.
Whoever dies with the most tools wins......Now accepting donations.
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

HELL of a nice bunch!

Got some oldies in there too.

The "CUTLERS TO THEIR MAJESTIES" stamp goes back to about 1840 when Victoria married her first cousin......
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Thanks for the info on Cutler's to Their Majesties Willie;I was trying to find the reference to it in my books but couldn't.Also thanks for the info on the I*XL Swiss stamp and the definition of that type of razor.I have a goodly number of I*XL razors and that was the first I've seen like that.
I got into collecting razors when it became hard to find good pocketknives.You could usually get them really cheap but now the prices are getting a little silly.Oh well(sigh).
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

knife7knut wrote:Thanks for the info on Cutler's to Their Majesties Willie;I was trying to find the reference to it in my books but couldn't.Also thanks for the info on the I*XL Swiss stamp and the definition of that type of razor.I have a goodly number of I*XL razors and that was the first I've seen like that.
I got into collecting razors when it became hard to find good pocketknives.You could usually get them really cheap but now the prices are getting a little silly.Oh well(sigh).
Glad to help.

I've done the same thing, except I'm shaving with mine. :mrgreen:

Learning curve was fun, didn't suffer too many dings, rarely get pink lather these days. Plus side for me is that with the arthritis in my wrists, it's a LOT less painful to use a straight than one of the plastic throw aways.

Also neat to find an old razor, clean it up a bit if it needs it, hone it, strop it, and use something as old as they are and make 'em do what they were designed to do.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

I've only attempted to shave with one once or twice and both times were not a good experience.My ex-wife was a beautician and routinely used one and tried to school me in their proper use.Alas;I was not a very good student and I didn't trust her motives;she being of half Irish and half Sicilian ancestry.One thing I learned early on was NEVER supply her with a sharp object after she had been imbibing in mind altering substances such as sour red wine(home made of course).Don't ask why.

Anyhow I am no longer able to utilize any type of blade razor now due to severe scarring of my throat due to cancer surgery.That and I have a tendency to bleed rather profusely when cut.
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Sorry to hear that. I've tried a few electrics and I hate the whisker pullin bastards, ESPECIALLY when it grabs a mustache whisker and yanks it loose.. :shock:

However, you can send them to me and I'll keep 'em busy and sharp. ;)

I'd think a 40 or 50 day rotation on the bunch wouldn't wear 'em out over several lifetimes. ::tounge::
ALLEN

Post by ALLEN »

Old Wullie...I sure am glad someone other than me has seen the light...straights and old double edge razors are the way to go...My hands are getting a little shakey...but I love the shave...baby skin smooooth.....Allen ::super_happy:: ::super_happy::
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Hey Allen,

There are several of us here in the metroplex that have "gone straight" LOL

Welcome to the madness. :mrgreen:
hogwild

Post by hogwild »

Mighty impressive collection. I have a few but all mine are users. I can't even imagine shaving with anything but a straight after the last 4 decades. Enjoy the shavers and the collectors. You have a mess of great razors

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”