An item Owd Wullie might like to see...........

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
knife7knut

An item Owd Wullie might like to see...........

Post by knife7knut »

Bought this at an antique shop today.I don't actively solicit razors or the like but this seemed too good to pass up.
An automatic(well;semi-auto at least)razor strop manufactured by the M.L.Brandt Cutlery Co. of New York.There is a small belt to hang it on a hook(or whatever)and the straight razor fits in the side.Pulling on either one of the loops causes the blade to press against the belt and when the belt comes to the end of it's travel,you grab the other end of the balt;pulling that causes the other side of the edge to press against the belt.
Belt appears to be a thin leather veneer with diagonal smooth and rough strips impressed into the leather.Fittings are nickel plated with would date it pre 1930 or thereabouts.After that chromium plating was more in use because of it's superior durability.
The price was reasonable($24)and makes a nice addition to my collection.
Attachments
MLBrandt1.jpg
MLBrandt2.jpg
MLBrandt3.jpg
MLBrandt4.jpg
MLBrandt5.jpg
W L Brandt6.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Owd Wullie

Re: An item Owd Wullie might like to see...........

Post by Owd Wullie »

Hey, that's pretty neat! ::tu::

AND a LOT prettier than my old RIORDAN "shell" strop that looks like a herd of cats has been thrown at it. ::facepalm::
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Brian Flowers

Post by Brian Flowers »

Oh no , its the " Infamous " automatic stropper , quick , send it to me and let me bring it under control for ya .
nudge , nudge , wink , wink , nice find though .
Brian
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Brian Flowers wrote:Oh no , its the " Infamous " automatic stropper , quick , send it to me and let me bring it under control for ya .
nudge , nudge , wink , wink , nice find though .
Brian
Nice try Brian! Welcome to the forums by the way.A Monty Python fan too eh?
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”