Unwin & Rodgers

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
Owd Wullie

Unwin & Rodgers

Post by Owd Wullie »

They made a lot of cutlery and firearms "back in the day".

OUR CELEBRATED 5/6 RAZOR

Bone scales, semi wedge, "hollow point", complete with a hole on the back side of the spine. ::shrug::

No clue about the 5/6 unless it was a price.

I figure 1860's to 1890's.

It's a bitch to hone. LOL
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
knife7knut

Re: Unwin & Rodgers

Post by knife7knut »

WOW! That has to be a really rare one!
I have a friend in New Hampshire that owned an Unwin & Rogers knife pistol but someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse and he sold it.Doubled his investment as I recall.
Willie: I think the 5/6 is a reference to the size of the razor.Seems to me I recall reading that on a razor forum I used to subscribe to.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Doesn't have anything to do with the size as most are and have always been measured in 8th's.

That one is a 6/8 or 3/4. The 5/6 would work out to 30/36ths as posted and the blade is actually 27/36th's.

Doesn't look like it's been honed down very much. Possible I guess, but it is an odd way to mark one.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Might refer to the price in shillings and pence.Seems I've seen USA made razors marked with the price on the blade.Whatever the case it is still a rare find.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

I've wondered if that was the case myself.
Iron Hoarder

Post by Iron Hoarder »

It might be the price. That is how they did their prices here it would have been shillings and pence. The D is the first letter of the old Latin word for pennies.
I measure my collection by the ton.
Whoever dies with the most tools wins......Now accepting donations.

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”