Case Brothers anyone?

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Case Brothers anyone?

Post by Papa Bones »

I've not really gotten into collecting the straight razors, but I have three that I've had for a while and basically picked them up because they were Case.

The first is a clear amber handle. It has "PREPAREDNESS" stamped on one side of the tang, and "W.R. Case & Sons BRADFORD PA" on the other.
Case Amber 1.jpg
Case Amber 2.jpg
Case Amber 3.jpg
The Next is kind of a Mottled or Caramel Swirl pattern handle, & Has "W.R. Case & Sons CUTL'Y CO Little Valley N.Y. on the tang.
Case RZR tortous 1.jpg
Case RZR Tortous 2.jpg
The Last is a Swirl Pattern Handle, Has a blade end broken off. It has a blade etch of W.R. Case & Sons, and stamped on the tang is W.R. CASE & SONS Bradford, PA
Case RZR Swrl 1.jpg
Case RZR Swrl 2.jpg
To tell you the truth, I can't even remember when or where I picked these up. I haven't done much with them other than wipe them down
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Cool!
You oughta get those honed up and put 'em to use!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
just bob

Post by just bob »

I was at a flea market this morning and saw a straight razor that looked like it had a stencil type etch for Case Brothers Little Valley, NY. I let it be thinking it was homemade but came home and looked and found this one on Ebay, so surely it was right and there are more. I'm thinking maybe now it was a contract razor and they just bought them blank and stenciled their name on them. Are there more?
Attachments
razor.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Rainy day here. I had time to do some research today. I found out that Tony Bose owned a Case Brothers / Little Valley razor and posted a picture in one of the other forums. Amazing bit of history here and apparently the Case Bros. razor production was short lived. Very interesting. I won't post any of their pictures.

https://sharprazorpalace.com/razors/129 ... ey-ny.html
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
GringoBombero

Post by GringoBombero »

Recently picked this guy up. I just recently started dabbling in razors, but I've never seen anything quite like this. "The Case Razor"
Attachments
20240123_110816.jpg
20240123_110703.jpg
20240123_110648.jpg
20240123_110556.jpg
20240123_110536.jpg
20240123_110522.jpg
Goodnight Chesty Puller... wherever you are... ::pray::

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”