Ebay score

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
Owd Wullie

Ebay score

Post by Owd Wullie »

Got my latest lot in today. I was pretty blown away. Only ONE cracked scale on the old Freddy R. Some minor edge issues on a few more. ONE IVORY HANDLED BROOKS AND CROOKS even if it is a tiny little thing.

The old Miller Bro's rope knife is decent. Some bonehead buffed at the blade. Blade is tight and snaps like it's supposed to. Scales are about perfect.

The GRAEF with the MOP tang looks nearly new. It's also marked on the back like a salesman's sample.
Blade is shiny, doesn't look that way in the pic.

The Robeson looks like it will hone up easy. The rest will take a bit of work, but not near as much as some in the last lot I bought.

The Christenson from Brockton, Mass is interesting. The tang stamp is very much like the stamping seen on old guns of that era. Appears to be a very well made razor.

I'm happy. :)

Pics at
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g2zb44lqlzyx ... %20012.jpg
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
RobesonsRme.com

Re: Ebay score

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Willie, did you mean to post more photos to that post or are we supposed to imagine what everything looks like?

BTW; If you ever come across a razor marked "E. O. NOYES, BROCKTON, MASS." I'd be very interested.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Any relation to you Charlie?
AAPK Janitor
RobesonsRme.com

All Noyeses are related. We are descended from folks that served with William the Conquerer. The first Noyeses settled in America in Massachusetts 1634. There were two brothers, James and Nicholas and a cousin Peter. I am descended from James. The home he built in Newbury, Mass in 1646 is still there.

Newbury and Newburyport, Mass are beautiful little towns.

My great, great grandfather left Newburyport in the 1640's and went to Florida to seve with Andrew Jackson in the second Seminole war. He stayed in The South and is buried in Fernandina, FL.

E. O. Noyes in Brockton would have to be a relative. He was descended from Nicholas, most likely, possibly James, maybe Peter; Peter actually settled in Vermont or Maine.

Here's the Noyes House in Newbury:
Attachments
5d37_12.jpg
5d37_12.jpg (31.82 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
283289275EpIfyS_ph.jpg
283289275EpIfyS_ph.jpg (48.73 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
mass_newbury_noyes_res.jpg
mass_newbury_noyes_res.jpg (48.21 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Very interesting Charlie!

I have friends in Newburyport and go there several times a year. Give me the street address and I will take a current picture of it for you.

This may be of interest:

http://noyesgenealogy.com/
AAPK Janitor
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:Willie, did you mean to post more photos to that post or are we supposed to imagine what everything looks like?

BTW; If you ever come across a razor marked "E. O. NOYES, BROCKTON, MASS." I'd be very interested.

Charlie Noyes
I'll keep an eye out. :)

Here ya go,
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g2zb44lqlzyx ... %20012.jpg
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Owd Wullie wrote:
The Christenson from Brockton, Mass is interesting. The tang stamp is very much like the stamping seen on old guns of that era. Appears to be a very well made razor.

Willie: I have a razor stamped H.M. Christensen and the spelling of the word Brockton is incorrect;they spelled it minus the K. Is yours similarly marked?
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
RobesonsRme.com

Willie, I especially like that German w the pearl covered tang. ::tu::
Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

knife7knut wrote:
Owd Wullie wrote:

Willie: I have a razor stamped H.M. Christensen and the spelling of the word Brockton is incorrect;they spelled it minus the K. Is yours similarly marked?
Mine has the "K"
Gunstock Jack

Post by Gunstock Jack »

Looks to be a right nice bunch 'o razors Willie! I expect you'll be busy honin' for some time. If any of them holler ground blades are too noisy, send 'em my way!!! :mrgreen:

Interesting bit of family history Charlie! I'm only third generation from Sweden and my people are scattered to the four winds. My last name is so common there is no way to trace my family history, and it was probably changed when my great grandad immigrated anyway. Must be nice to know your roots and I'm a little envious of you guys for it. ::handshake::
Barry

Great Eastern Cutlery distributor: http://www.gunstockjacksknives.com
Contact me: info@gunstockjacksknives.com
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Hey Barry, I'm 6th generation Swede. Most all of us are still in Texas.
http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/onli ... cles/pts01

I started honing this weekend on that pile. The Christenson has a bit of a frown and that pretty Boker has cracked blade. I can hone it back, bit it'll lose a bunch of blade.
:(

That Robeson honed up like a champ and is a sweet shaver, even for a hollow ground. :roll:

I think the GRAEF will be left as it is.

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”