Union razor co .

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
jkbullo7

Union razor co .

Post by jkbullo7 »

anyone seen one this design? what would the value be?
Attachments
2013-04-29 00.00.49.jpg
2013-04-29 00.02.06.jpg
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Union razor co .

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I have never seen that handle design before. It took me a few moments to figure out. It's an eagle, presumably, in flight.

I think a lot of razor collectors are really razor handle collectors. Add a good name such as Union and this might be highly desirable, even though its condition is not great.

Pretty piece. Thanks for posting that.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
jkbullo7

Post by jkbullo7 »

Thanks for the good comment! The piece is a nice one .You can tell it was used but took care of, i just wonder if there was many made in that style handle..it looks to be special made for a customer..my pic does not show the stamp well but it is union razor company tidiqute pa..how do i tell what the handle is made of?
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Handle is celluloid. Was mass produced. Seen a few for sale here and there. Not real common but not one of a kind.

AS for a value? Hard to say. Scale collectors go after stuff I throw rocks at and I go after stuff they throw rocks at.

I'd say it was worth whatever somebody was willing to pay and somebody else was willing to take. ;)

Manufacturer of that piece is/was a good one.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
jkbullo7

Post by jkbullo7 »

That sounds nice..wish it was one of a kind handle but its still a awesome one! I have had a few offers from friends for around $100 but didnt want to sell .Is that a fair price?
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

jkbullo7 wrote:That sounds nice..wish it was one of a kind handle but its still a awesome one! I have had a few offers from friends for around $100 but didnt want to sell .Is that a fair price?
You're the only one that can decide that.

I buy, sell, and trade, a lot of razors. If you offered it to me for a C note, I say thanks and walk off.

If you want to know what it's worth, put it on ebay with some good CLEAR, CLOSE UP pics, and start it for .99 cents. It'll find it's own value.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Kiferbros

Post by Kiferbros »

The handle is rare and not cheap, I have seen go for over 250 but then again it depends on who's buying and how much it is worth to them at that moment, 100 IMO is on the cheap side, if it's not a repin.
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Kiferbros wrote:The handle is rare and not cheap, I have seen go for over 250 but then again it depends on who's buying and how much it is worth to them at that moment, 100 IMO is on the cheap side, if it's not a repin.
As it only has one pin, what difference would it make if it was repinned if all the value is in the handle?

As for value? Pretty much what I said. I still wouldn't give a C-note for it.

I don't collect handles. :wink:
Handle is celluloid. Was mass produced. Seen a few for sale here and there. Not real common but not one of a kind.

AS for a value? Hard to say. Scale collectors go after stuff I throw rocks at and I go after stuff they throw rocks at.

I'd say it was worth whatever somebody was willing to pay and somebody else was willing to take.
Kiferbros

Post by Kiferbros »

Look close at the Pic it looks like there is a pin in the claw, it should not have a pin there. lower value if a repin for one, if Union never made one like that where would the value be? would you want a case XX black lip pearl razor if they never made one...not me. the value is in a true unmolested razor if it was a morley with slick black handles not much value but a true morley with the eagle claw would be worth a good price because of the handles, worth more to some than others but worth more.

In other words, the original one will always be worth more than the copy.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Kiferbros wrote:Look close at the Pic it looks like there is a pin in the claw, it should not have a pin there.
I don`t see a pin in the claw ::shrug::
AAPK Janitor
Kiferbros

Post by Kiferbros »

how bout now, could be broccoli but looks alot like a pin to me, not sayin it is, sayin it looks like a pin.
Attachments
pin.jpg
pin.jpg (48.48 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

I seen that pin, explain to me why it should not be there.
AAPK Janitor
Kiferbros

Post by Kiferbros »

Thats the best pic i could find to attach, that style only had a pivot pin, like several other of the rarer type handle patters like the crawfish, the pike/muskie, the horse head and hoof, and barber pole thats just how they were made, 1 pivot pin no other pins, ther were basically glued at the other end. you can find most of the ones I noted in almost any good razor reference book. the snake is another example.
Attachments
claw raz.jpg
claw raz.jpg (12.51 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
snake raz.jpg
snake raz.jpg (78.62 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

I looked in the Ritchie & Stewart razor book that I have, they don`t have that particular handle pictured but I did find several similar patterns that do have a pin at the end, some don`t as you noted.

I would imagine it depended on the manufacturer.

If someone did re-pin this Union razor, why bother putting a pin on the opposite end if it was not there to begin with.
AAPK Janitor
Kiferbros

Post by Kiferbros »

why put a 454 in a camaro that was a straight 6. your the expert, i'm done.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Kiferbros wrote:why put a 454 in a camaro that was a straight 6
To make it go faster.
Kiferbros wrote: your the expert
Not even close.
Kiferbros wrote:i'm done.
::tu::
AAPK Janitor
jkbullo7

Post by jkbullo7 »

I will take some better pictures for you all..my phone doesn't take very good pics
jkbullo7

Post by jkbullo7 »

here is a little better pic
Attachments
2013-06-04 21.58.25.jpg
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Looks re-pinned to me. From what I can tell of your slightly out of focus picture, it appears the pins don't match either.

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”