cant find anywhere

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
madrih01

cant find anywhere

Post by madrih01 »

knife.jpg
spine decoration
spine decoration
hi, first thanks for adding me, as i wish to learn a lot more. but i bought this staight razor it says wr case and sons pretty big on the blade and has a decorated spine. plastic designed handle. but no other markings. please help me identify this blade. thank you so much for your help, and time.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: cant find anywhere

Post by Miller Bro's »

::welcome::

It looks like the tang had either pearl, cell or bone at one time and it has fallen off. Does it have it on the back side?

If it were there it would have W.R. Case engraved on it and on the back side the country of origin sometimes marked Germany.

Someone else should be along to fill you in on the rest of the details.
AAPK Janitor
madrih01

Post by madrih01 »

thank you , and yes on the part you turn to flip the blade out( sorry dont know what its called) still has the mother of pearl on it. so it must have fallen off below the blade. thank you for your help.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

The razor has been well used so it is no wonder that piece has fallen off.

Still, Case has a good following and the razor is still collectible especially if the handles are in excellent condition, in fact some razor collectors collect just by handle material and don`t care if the blade is worn.
AAPK Janitor
madrih01

Post by madrih01 »

the handles are in very good shape. should i clean it up. i thought it was better to leave it as is.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

I would leave it as is ::nod::
AAPK Janitor
madrih01

Post by madrih01 »

Ok good, I'm glad I didn't mess with it. And I have made sure not to touch the blade with my bare hands. Right now I have it on Craigslist in the barter section :)
madrih01

Post by madrih01 »

please i still need help identifying this razor, what year, or any information at all please.
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Appears you have a pretty much used up old razor.

I figure it's from the teen's of the 20th century.

Blade is shot. No help for it. It was well loved and well used and probably set in a drawer somewhere until somebody decided it needed a new home.

Part of the covered tang is gone and you say the scales are rough. Somebody that is interested in Case stuff might pony up a few bucks for it just for the name.

Touching the blade won't hurt anything. It's probably still sharp enough to cut the Hell out of your finger if you aren't careful. You couldn't pay me to try to shave with it. Nor would I attempt to hone it to shaving sharpness.

It wouldn't hurt to put a light coat of oil on the blade to help keep it from deteriorating any farther.

Good luck with it on craigslist.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”