Black Case XX

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
BIGHEAD

Black Case XX

Post by BIGHEAD »

Anyone showing Case razors ::paranoid::
000_0067.JPG
000_0069.JPG
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Black Case XX

Post by Colonel26 »

That's a nice one. I bet it'd shave real nice.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Send it to me, I'll tune it up and see how it shaves. ;)

In all my crap, I have no Case or Case Bros razors. LOL
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Really classy looking with those black handles! I wasn't aware of Case making straight razors.

I use cheap disposable razors, since they're the most affordable. I have my great-grandfather's old Clauss in the knife tackle box, and I'm thinking about learning how to shave with a straight razor--problem is they don't call them "cutthroat" razors for nothing!.
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

cody6268 wrote:Really classy looking with those black handles! I wasn't aware of Case making straight razors.

I use cheap disposable razors, since they're the most affordable. I have my great-grandfather's old Clauss in the knife tackle box, and I'm thinking about learning how to shave with a straight razor--problem is they don't call them "cutthroat" razors for nothing!.
The learning curve is a bit steep but by no means insurmountable. If your grand pappy's Clauss is decent condition, it will be a great shaver. If it's a square toe, you're more apt to slice a piece of your ear than your throat. Don't ask me how I know. LOL

If you're truly interested in learning to use that straight, post some pics of it and I can tell you whether or not it would be a good candidate to use.

I will tell you that it most likely needs to be sharpened. It may feel sharp and pop arm hair, but if it won't cut arm hair above the skin line, all you are going to do is get upset because it's eating your face. Razor burn from a dull straight is no fun.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
roofsc

Post by roofsc »

i also have a Case pearl straight razor, i need to dig it out and photograph
Attachments
DSC_0084.JPG
" there is a collection in my accumulation ? "

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”