Razor storage roll?

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
knife-nut

Razor storage roll?

Post by knife-nut »

I'm kind of new at collecting razors. Is there a roll for razors like we use for pocketknives? Where can you get them? I was thinking of using a old cloth roll that silverware was stored in. Just wondering what everyone else used.
knife7knut

Re: Razor storage roll?

Post by knife7knut »

I would try and find some of those small felt rolls(usually hold 6)that are used for table knives.They will fit a slim knife about 6 inches long and are ideal for razors.Probably try a company that sells tableware or steak knife sets.
Attachments
TablewareRoll1.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

knife7knut wrote:I would try and find some of those small felt rolls(usually hold 6)that are used for table knives.They will fit a slim knife about 6 inches long and are ideal for razors.Probably try a company that sells tableware or steak knife sets.
What he said!! ::tu::

I've got the darn things in tackle boxes, old rolls, leather sleeves, VCR boxes, and the cardboard/paper boxes they were sold in.

Beware the fancy cell handled razors, like pocket knives, they are getting to the age where the cell is self destructing. If you have any or acquire any, keep them separate from any other razors. :wink:
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Umcknifeguy

Post by Umcknifeguy »

Ray's got the right idea! Those dinnerware rolls are exactly what I use to store razors. Works perfect
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I suspect your local high-end jewelry store that sells Sterling flatware will also have the flannel 'anti-corrosion" rolls available.

Years ago, I bought two to store a set of Robeson bone handled dinnerware.

They generally hold six utensils (or razors), have a folding cover flap, and ties to secure the roll in a rolled-up condition.

They may have some silversmith's advertising logo on them, but big deal, they do the job.

A quick Ebay search turned up this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sterlin ... Sw~OVW0L7R

You might do better with a more exhaustive search or try Amazon.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”