Straight Shavin'

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Straight Shavin'

Post by Colonel26 »

Wow! It’s been a while since I’ve checked in here.

That’s a nice barber hone. I have an old Keen Kutter I use to mine up. If its a new one that’s severely dull I use an 8k grit diamond hone with a layer of black electrical tape on the spine. Also for touch ups I have a block of balsa wood with paste on it that I strop the razors with, then the leather strop. But normally I just use the leather.

I’ma fan of prorasso green myself. And I like their aftershave too. I’ve never used tabac, but I’ve heard it’s great. When my prorasso runs out I’ll have to try some.

Steve you have some beautiful razors for sure, and I like your taste in music. My boys and I love Marty Robbins. One day my oldest was talking to me about a friend of ours who the day before had waxed eloquent about the goodness of Glock pistols. My son looked at me and said, “the song says big iron, not big plastic!”. I gafawed. ROFL.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”