JA Henckels "Columbus" Razor

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
LuvStag
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

JA Henckels "Columbus" Razor

Post by LuvStag »

Hi everyone. I have a henckels razor with a Graeff & Schmidt on the box. I understand they were a distributor for henckels up to the 50s? Does anyone know for sure?
This one is a little different, it has columbus and his ship on the handle. Its in great condition. I do not know much about these but I do find some of the decorative ones quite attractive. I am asking 65...

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/luvstag

Thanks!
Brent @ LuvStag
Attachments
IMG_5341[2].JPG
IMG_5342[1].JPG
IMG_5343[1].JPG
Owd Wullie

Re: JA Henckels "Columbus" Razor

Post by Owd Wullie »

Nice old razor from the 20s or 30s looks like to me. It's a bit down at the toe and your pictures aren't showing enough for me to judge hone wear.
Probably be a good shaver when properly honed. Henckel's is a good German brand known for quality stuff.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

I'm wondering if it might have been made during the era of the Columbian Exposition from 1892-1893? There was a lot of memorabilia from that era.I have a ring I bought many years ago that has an image of Columbus carved into it and the dates 1492-1892 etched in.
Attachments
RingsAndThingsDrawer1 010.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I have no idea when it was made, but I’m with Wullie, I bet she’s a real fine shaver. Easy on the eyes too. Very nice!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”