Ka-Bar Made by Canal Street

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
Coreysbu

Re: Ka-Bar Made by Canal Street

Post by Coreysbu »

Well, so we have a complete set...here's the elephant toe.
Attachments
h8mmdzj.jpg
Hideaway Knives

Post by Hideaway Knives »

I like the shiny handle though
JeffHughes

Post by JeffHughes »

ea42 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:15 am Yep, that was made by Canal Street. We made the smaller pinch lockback and that larger squeeze lockback for them as well as a drop point sheath knife, a barlow, a trapper, and a single blade trapper. All had the copper bolsters. As far as I know Canal Street was the exclusive builder of that Coppersmith line.

Eric
I have the fixed blade without the dog head shield. Was this made by Canal Street Cutlery too?
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Jeff if it's one like this it was made by Canal Street:
Kabar Drop Point.jpg

Eric
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

I just picked up two Coppersmiths - the small "pinch" lockback and the fixed blade.

Does anyone know the steel type used on these?

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”