Passing of another Key Worker

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Passing of another Key Worker

Post by Chase »

Harold E. Buley, Jr. of Grahamsville, passed away on Monday, December 7, 2020 at home. He was 76.

Harold worked as a custom knife maker for Schrade Cutlery and Canal Street Cutlery in Ellenville, NY. He was very active in his community as a member of several associations: Grahamsville Rod and Gun Club, Mountain View Rod and Gun Club, Beaverdam Club, Rondout Antique Machinery Association, Sullivan County Federation of Sportsmen and the Wawarsing Historical Society Knife Museum.

RIP Uncle "Butch" Harold

Tom
ea42

Re: Passing of another Key Worker

Post by ea42 »

RIP Harold. He was one of the finest people I ever had the pleasure of working with, as well as a great friend. His talent as a knifemaker was incredible. He'll be missed by many of us around here and I know I'll think of him every time I sit at the bench. My deepest condolences to you and the family Tom, I know he'll be missed by you as well.

Eric
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sorry to be reading this, Tom. Your uncle has left behind quite a few testaments to American knife history. Again, condolences to you and your family.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Tom my condolences on the passing of your uncle.Prayers for your family. ::handshake::
Roger
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Thank you gentlemen for your encouraging words!

Tom
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Tom I'm very sorry for your loss. I know you cared deeply for Harold having heard you speak of him on numerous occasions. You and your family are in my prayers.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Thank you Phil

Tom

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”