Hope No One Here Won These

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
ea42

Hope No One Here Won These

Post by ea42 »

I just noticed these on the Ebay completed listings. Wish I'd have seen them sooner as I'd have definitely informed the seller that they are NOT Canal Street/Kabar collab knives. We never used that bone for Kabar nor did we ever center their shields on the knives. We also never made a jack pattern like the second one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224503819776?h ... 7675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224495756743?h ... 7675.l2557

Here are a couple of pics of the knives:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

This was the typical stockman layout that we did for them, note the different nail nick location:
Kabar Chestnut Stockman.jpg
Kabar Chestnut Stockman 3.jpg
Kabar stockman.jpg

Eric
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hope No One Here Won These

Post by 1967redrider »

Do you think these are legit reproductions, Eric, or counterfeits?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
ea42

Post by ea42 »

1967redrider wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:20 pm Do you think these are legit reproductions, Eric, or counterfeits?
They look legit, just definitely not Canal Streets.

I think they're older production, possibly from the 80's? Maybe Queen manufactured?

Eric
Varenik

Post by Varenik »

Nice stockmans, Eric :D
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Thanks Valera!! ::tu:: :)

Eric
rexstubbins

Post by rexstubbins »

yeah pretty sure these are the ones that were made by Queen for the Kabar collectors club.
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”