Colonel Coon Barlow

Colonel Coon Knives were made by Adrain A. Harris, Mr. Harris started making fixed blade knives as a hobby in the 60's, in 1976 he became the only authorized field repairman in the U.S. for Schrade, a few months later he became the only authorized repairman for Kissing Crane and J.A. Henckels in the United States, in 1978 he founded Tennessee Knife Works Inc. in his home town of Columbia, Tenn. and began making Colonel Coon Knives the old style a true bench made or handmade pocket knife. In 1988 he sold his manufacturing processes to W.R Case & Sons and retired.
PigStikr

Re: Colonel Coon Barlow

Post by PigStikr »

Colonial made Coon knives if it has Pat. # on it that's where that one came from probably.....
Never Doubt Your Dawg
macanxierty

Post by macanxierty »

I have a Colonel Coon 2014 IKC knife and I think it was made by SMKW. It has two blades and I would like to know what the handles are made of.
Attachments
CO2Blade.jpg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

macanxierty wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:56 pm I have a Colonel Coon 2014 IKC knife and I think it was made by SMKW. It has two blades and I would like to know what the handles are made of.
Bone, probably cow.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Such a beautiful knife :shock: love stag ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Knivolf

Post by Knivolf »

That is an extremely fine looking barlow, in my opinion. What's the size on that beauty?

Return to “Colonel Coon”