Pair of coons

Colonel Coon Knives were made by Adrain A. Harris, Mr. Harris started making fixed blade knives as a hobby in the 60's, in 1976 he became the only authorized field repairman in the U.S. for Schrade, a few months later he became the only authorized repairman for Kissing Crane and J.A. Henckels in the United States, in 1978 he founded Tennessee Knife Works Inc. in his home town of Columbia, Tenn. and began making Colonel Coon Knives the old style a true bench made or handmade pocket knife. In 1988 he sold his manufacturing processes to W.R Case & Sons and retired.
donnie44

Pair of coons

Post by donnie44 »

Do not see these on here would like someone's opinion on these and approx. value. Donnie
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_2151.JPG
[attachment=1]IMG_2153.JPG[/attachment
Attachments
IMG_2153.JPG
MrBlister

Re: Pair of coons

Post by MrBlister »

NICE BIG OLE COONS !!!

HET
donnie44

Post by donnie44 »

Purchased at knife show, wondering if paid too much, collect knives, first older coons I purchased, new to me, anyone have any ideas as to value, much appreciated. Donnie
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

get the club boxes IN the deal ???

HET
donnie44

Post by donnie44 »

Do have both boxes, only 1 has paperwork, Thanks, Donnie
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

I would say between 200 - 300 each . .. this is NOT a
professional appraisel NOR is it an offer... They ARE
big ole hanzome thangs . .

HET
donnie44

Post by donnie44 »

Thanks, anyone that has as many as you is professional enough for me, I did ok , I can get a 4 blade congress and 3 blade stockman and 2 blade trapper all in boxes with same club details. All are 1 of 51, would the values be close. to the hunters. I almost bought them and I can still get them, was just unsure at the time, Donnie
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

"What is it worth" is now usually established by what they sell for on ebay. Mr. Blister knows knives, so with some trepidation i suggest his $200-$300 estimate is on the high side because the Col. Coon brand is collected by only a few of us 'knifers'.
It would be good if a few more members chimed in.
kj
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Club knives and advertising knives usually don't bring premium prices (in fact there is usually a bit of a discount) unless the buyer belongs to that club or has a connection with the advertised product. Just an observation.

Edit: As Roland has opined, Colonel Coon collectors are not found standing on every corner.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
donnie44

Post by donnie44 »

That was why I was inquiring, I knew they would not bring price of one that was not club knife, but did not know how much less, The older coons in my area are almost non-existent. I have a lot of respect for someone like Harris and the knives he built. Thanks, Donnie

Return to “Colonel Coon”