Two blade Coon

Colonel Coon Knives were made by Adrain A. Harris, Mr. Harris started making fixed blade knives as a hobby in the 60's, in 1976 he became the only authorized field repairman in the U.S. for Schrade, a few months later he became the only authorized repairman for Kissing Crane and J.A. Henckels in the United States, in 1978 he founded Tennessee Knife Works Inc. in his home town of Columbia, Tenn. and began making Colonel Coon Knives the old style a true bench made or handmade pocket knife. In 1988 he sold his manufacturing processes to W.R Case & Sons and retired.
Cutmyself

Two blade Coon

Post by Cutmyself »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share this photo, I was looking for information about this knife. The person I bought it from told me it was a two bladed tobacco knife. I had never heard that before but I liked the knife. It has a shape of a stockman, I have not seen another like it and was just wondering, thanks.
3761207E-7A41-448E-9566-1AB0E84154B0.jpeg
cody6268

Re: Two blade Coon

Post by cody6268 »

I've been under the impression Stockmen produced with only the two secondary blades (sheepsfoot and spey) were floral and grafting knives.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

It is a 2 blade stockman. Usually have 3 blades but can be made with 1, 2 or 4 blades as well. 2 blades is unusual. Not many manufacturers made the 2 blade stockman.
kj
bkazz5

Post by bkazz5 »

E-mail sent
Cutmyself

Post by Cutmyself »

My email is not correct on this site and I cannot find where to edit email addresses.
Hideaway Knives

Post by Hideaway Knives »

Nice blades, love the handle ::tu::

Return to “Colonel Coon”