1983 Mule Day knife

Colonel Coon Knives were made by Adrain A. Harris, Mr. Harris started making fixed blade knives as a hobby in the 60's, in 1976 he became the only authorized field repairman in the U.S. for Schrade, a few months later he became the only authorized repairman for Kissing Crane and J.A. Henckels in the United States, in 1978 he founded Tennessee Knife Works Inc. in his home town of Columbia, Tenn. and began making Colonel Coon Knives the old style a true bench made or handmade pocket knife. In 1988 he sold his manufacturing processes to W.R Case & Sons and retired.
Cutmyself

1983 Mule Day knife

Post by Cutmyself »

Hey everyone, does anyone have a photo of a 1983 Mule Day knife. Just curious about the one posted on eBay currently. It just doesn’t look quite right to me. With all the Case counterfeits around I am wondering about this knife. Thanks
bkazz5

Re: 1983 Mule Day knife

Post by bkazz5 »

I know it may be too late but here is a pic of the 1983 small trapper.
Attachments
83 MD Mini Trap.jpg
Cutmyself

Re: 1983 Mule Day knife

Post by Cutmyself »

No worries it was out of my price range anyway. I was just thrown by the tang stamp but it was just like yours so it must be real. I am not sure if there are many counterfeit Colonel Coons but I hear about Case counterfeits a lot. Anyway thank you for responding with the picture.

Return to “Colonel Coon”