Bulldog off centre blades

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Eli

Bulldog off centre blades

Post by Eli »

s-l1600 (51).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (36).jpg
20171226_110829.jpg
20171226_110844.jpg
Just got this Bulldog Gunstock, in the Bulldog page here on AAPK, this pattern is from the 1st generation and is shown as no serial number, mine is numbered 028.

This is a lovely looking knife but is let down by both blades being well off centre, main blade is rubbing on brass liner.

IMO the blades were made for a different pattern, with both blades closing towards each other, not side by side as these are.

I have a few Bulldog knive but this is the first one that I am disappointed with, is this a common occurrence or was I just unlucky?
XX Case XX

Re: Bulldog off centre blades

Post by XX Case XX »

Since I don't own any Bulldogs, I can't speak on their part, however, I do own several vintage knives from other brands where the blades are not centered. As a "general rule" this is not uncommon, old or new. Yours however, seem to be way off.

Unless it's just the reflections in the photographs, the smaller blade looks as though it wasn't cut straight. One side appears to be a little off and I wonder if that could be the reason that one blade is off center. I can't speak for the larger blade.

As I said, off-center blades are not uncommon. I can deal with off-center blades as long as they're not in Outer Space. The alignment of the blades on your knife are unacceptable for my taste. Click on the photo to get a better look.

"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Eli, What a nice looking knife! It's a shame you're having this problem. On a nice knife like yours, that would drive me nuts! You may be onto something, wrong blades possibly, or the "Krinker" was takin' a break when that one came to his station. Quality control must have been on break with the "krinker". ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Here is another 1st Generation Bull Dog with badly misaligned blades resulting in very bad blade rub.
P1020377.JPG
P1020376.JPG

Return to “European-made knives”