Bulldog reference

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Bulldog3

Bulldog reference

Post by Bulldog3 »

Can anyone tell me what the best available reference books/price guides, on Bulldog knifes are.
robinetn

Re: Bulldog reference

Post by robinetn »

This would be the best people to contact for the most "up to date" reference book on Bulldog knives .

Bob

http://bulldogknives.org/
mumblypeg

Post by mumblypeg »

I have "Pocket Knife Trader's Guide" - Vol. 8, by Buzz Parker & Ed Henley. It has some pretty good info on Bulldogs. I believe volume 9 is the latest edition.
Richard

"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

mumblypeg wrote:I have "Pocket Knife Trader's Guide" - Vol. 8, by Buzz Parker & Ed Henley. It has some pretty good info on Bulldogs. I believe volume 9 is the latest edition.
Vol. #9 doesn't include Bulldog brand .

Bob
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

I think some i have from thye 90's are actually dated aern't they? now i gotta look
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
Bulldog3

Post by Bulldog3 »

Thanks guys. I brought a Classic Pocket Knife Price Guide Volume #9, but it didn't have any Bulldog information in it.
Just ordered a Knife Collector's Encyclopedia by: Jim Parker, and a Classic Pocket Knife Price Guide Volume #8.
If there's any others you can think of, I'd appreciate it.
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

Bulldog3 wrote:Thanks guys. I brought a Classic Pocket Knife Price Guide Volume #9, but it didn't have any Bulldog information in it.
Just ordered a Knife Collector's Encyclopedia by: Jim Parker, and a Classic Pocket Knife Price Guide Volume #8.
If there's any others you can think of, I'd appreciate it.
You won't better info than in the last two guides that you just purchased . Just keep in mind that these knives (as a rule) will only bring 1/2 - 3/4 of the quoted price . As an example I sold each of my 2 pc. gunstock sets at the price quoted for a single knife in Parker's #8 . The best way to "keep tabs" on the market value of any knife is to look at the completed ebay knife prices .

Bob
Bulldog3

Post by Bulldog3 »

Thanks, Bob
I'll get that in mind,

Bill
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Volume #3 of Parker's Pocket Knife Trader's guide is by far the best for Bulldogs. It is very hard to find. It is the only one that has color pictures of all the 1st generation Bulldogs so they can be properly identified. I think I have an extra book around if you are interested.
Tom
Bulldog3

Post by Bulldog3 »

Yes Tom, I would be very interested in it. How much do you want for it.
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

I keep my books at work. I will check and see what I have and try to let you know tomorrow. I will also check and see if I have anything else that might give you a boost on Bulldogs. The encyclopedia is ok, I have several that I bought when they 1st came out, but it is incomplete and has some of the 1st generation knives left out. As Bob said, you have to realize that a lot of these knives will not bring close to book value. Also, the 2nd generation knives, which are usually distinguished by a letter after the number, most often "A" are listed higher that the 1st generation knives. The market will not support this. A few things to beware of: 2nd generation duckfeather handled knives are listed at a premium. Stay away from them. It is a handle material very prone to shrinkage. Also 2nd generation "end of day", also prone to shrinkage.
Check out "Rare 1st Generation Bulldogs" , a thread we did in AAPK general discussion some time back.
Bulldog3

Post by Bulldog3 »

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
Any books that you can find, that you think would be helpful, would be great.

Return to “European-made knives”