Bad pics of my newest dog

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Bad pics of my newest dog

Post by Colonel26 »

Here are a couple of quick pics of my newest Bulldog. Unused and never sharpened Copperhead 2004 I believe with broken chain scales. I'm not sure if she's a staying or going in the trade pile, but I couldn't pass her up. Besides I'm a sucker for Solingen.
Attachments
2012-07-05_14-33-20_590.jpg
2012-07-05_14-34-18_419.jpg
2012-07-05_14-35-15_846.jpg
2012-07-05_14-36-17_740.jpg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
olderdogs1

Re: Bad pics of my newest dog

Post by olderdogs1 »

Looks like a nice one, a lot of folks collect that broken chain handles ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Tom
ironmage

Post by ironmage »

I love it and I like the 2 dog stamp,nice buy.
"Sometimes the best part of a knife was the hunt",PK
" Fēng xiàng zhuàn biàn shí, yǒu rén zhú qiáng, yǒu rén zào fēng chē!"
"When the wind of change blows some build walls while others build windmills!"
ironmage

Post by ironmage »

Hey, this is win the dog was a pup.
Attachments
bulldogpup.JPG
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That's a nice one Ironmage.

This one is no longer with me. It is now in the hands of my good friend and all around good guy TAB. He and I made a deal (he was very kind) and now I'm the proud owner of a couple of the best Bokers that I've ever owned.

Thanks TAB!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
TAB2you

Post by TAB2you »

Gentlemen,

I now have that good looking copperhead in that picture, but I am wondering. Two different persons have stated it is celluloid, and another said acrylic on those handles. I don't know which is right, it doesn't matter either way, I just want to know.

Can AAPK help me?

TAB
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

I consider myself knowledgable on bulldog knives but not necessarily newer handle materials. I am not sure but would say that since Broken Chain was not a composite handle that came into being until 2000 or later that it would not be celluloid. I have heard no concerns with that particular handle material so I would just hope for the best and not expect any problems. I would still let the knife breathe and not pen it up with other knives. JMO

Tom
ironmage

Post by ironmage »

olderdogs1 wrote:I consider myself knowledgable on bulldog knives but not necessarily newer handle materials. I am not sure but would say that since Broken Chain was not a composite handle that came into being until 2000 or later that it would not be celluloid. I have heard no concerns with that particular handle material so I would just hope for the best and not expect any problems. I would still let the knife breathe and not pen it up with other knives. JMO

Tom
You got a nice 5th Fifth Generation.2000-2003; According to Jim Parker’s Pocket Knife Traders Price Guide, "the double dog head stamp was introduced around this time".
TAB2you

Post by TAB2you »

Fellows, oh I can't thank you enough. This forum is great. Feeling pretty sure its not celluloid, I'll keep 'em for my son and I. He's 3 now and already eyeing these. I got a second one, becasue when he saw the first one he wanted to know if he could use it when he got big like daddy.

Melted me on the spot and I wanted a couple of blades for the both of us to carry.

TAB

Return to “European-made knives”