an early one??

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
prairiedog

an early one??

Post by prairiedog »

thinking this might be 1st generation...3 1/4" stockman, heart shield...and I think the handle resembles dark tortoise. It has the "pit bulls trade mark" etching and the two fighting dogs tang stamp. Hoping someone might be able to give me some information on this knife...possibly the year it was made, BKC#, how common it is, stability of the celluloid and if it's actually called tortoise. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Sorry about the quality of the photo...trying to figure out how to take better pictures.
Attachments
IMG_0069.JPG
Perry

When the knife your grandfather/father carried or put up is handed down to you...treasure it...open it up from time to time...and by all means, keep it!
olderdogs1

Re: an early one??

Post by olderdogs1 »

BKC#55 Released in 1980, only 132 produced. It is a composite called DARK TORTOISE and is a very stable handle material, it won"t gas or cause you any problems. One of my favorite all time Bulldog Knves.
You have a nice one there. ::tu:: That pattern was also made in Brown Bone and Dark Butter & molasses although the bone one had a Crest shield.

Tom
prairiedog

Re: an early one??

Post by prairiedog »

Thank-you Tom...I was hoping you'd reply. I frequently follow your posts and appreciate all the information you share. ::tu::

Perry
Perry

When the knife your grandfather/father carried or put up is handed down to you...treasure it...open it up from time to time...and by all means, keep it!

Return to “European-made knives”